Notices
Future Lancer / Evo Models Discuss any rumors and/or news concerning future Lancer and Evolution models in here.

10 New Cars That Are Worth Waiting For

Search this Thread

Old Aug 1, 2011, 08:56 PM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I'd be in for a turbo-diesel, been wanting to see that in a Mitsu anyways...
Old Aug 2, 2011, 10:02 AM

we already have the golf R in the UK, its not seen as anything special tbh
Old Aug 2, 2011, 10:13 AM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I wanna see the Subaru version of FR-S.
Old Aug 3, 2011, 10:24 AM
Evolving Member

The president of Mitsubishi is a shining example of someone who has no idea what he's doing. He must be drinking buddies with Honda's prez
Old Aug 3, 2011, 11:02 AM
EvoM Administrator

Received 135 Likes on 81 Posts
The FR-S is gonna be sweet. I wish they would brand it Toyota instead of throw-away-image Scion, though!

Interested to see what really happens with the Evo.
Old Aug 3, 2011, 11:20 AM
Evolving Member

Could be a marketing concept as well to bump up Scion sales I'm sure of it seeing Toyota sells thousands of cars everyday where Scion not so much.
Old Aug 5, 2011, 07:49 PM

**** HYBRID!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Sorry for my anger but even my damn fiance is like "hybrids are great, blah blah blah." S T F U.

I want options. People don't buy an Evo for economical reasons... they buy a prius. People buy Evo's due to the fact there's a large variety of after market options as well as hell of a fun drive. Mitsu is stupid if they believe this is going to 'fly' off the lots. end rant.
Old Aug 7, 2011, 06:05 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by sr20detisbetter
^Agreed. That vette looks way off from production
To be fair the vette has looked the same for like 10 years. But the new C7 isn't old, it's been a concept and used in Transformers in all 3 movies.
Old Aug 14, 2011, 02:32 PM

Don't bash the green thing just yet. I personally dont give two craps about emissions, but if mitsu comes out with a 300+hp Evo that gets 30+ mpg, I certainly won't be crying about them going green. As for all manufactures going green, trust me...Ferrari and Bugatti don't give two ****s about this whole green thing...so if you have that big of a problem with it, save your money...lol
Old Aug 14, 2011, 10:46 PM
Evolving Member

If the subaru version of the fr-s does not come turbod from the factory its going to dissapoint a lot of people.

I foresee ej257 transplants become a fad if thats the case.
Old Aug 15, 2011, 12:18 PM
Evolving Member

Why would not come turbo that would be silly
Old Aug 16, 2011, 08:45 PM
Evolving Member

word is it wont be turbo, but who knows.
Old Aug 16, 2011, 09:24 PM
G20
Evolved Member

Received 12 Likes on 9 Posts
Well so far regarding the Evo, Mitsubishi has not fail yet. All Evos so far been so good. No? Giving the price range, many cars can't beat its performance value. I'm looking forward for the new Evo even it's the green one.
Old Aug 17, 2011, 11:32 AM

Originally Posted by G20
Well so far regarding the Evo, Mitsubishi has not fail yet. All Evos so far been so good. No? Giving the price range, many cars can't beat its performance value. I'm looking forward for the new Evo even it's the green one.
I have to second that. I just sold my Evo IX MR, loved that car but it had to go. I'm looking forward to what the next 2 or 3 years has to offer.

I would look at the FR-S for next year, but my guess is that the following year they'll come out with a beefier version and I know that would **** alot of people off. I've always been a VW fan because they're just classy cars. We'll see about that Golf R.

But, if sicne I'm waiting a year or so, I'll be keeping a close watch on the new FR-S and Evo XI.
Old Aug 17, 2011, 04:11 PM

My fear with increasingly complex hybrid technology is just that... its even MORE complexity which, IMO, pushes cars one step closer towards being disposables.

I realize that the industry wants this, but I dont see how cars following the cell phone and laptop model (where 100% of the installed base heads for the landfill every 3 years) is "more green"

It is also pretty high risk for the buyer if you ever want/need to get off the treadmill.

A friend had a good point for me recently. I was considering selling my NSX for a GTR. In the NSX community we have a fantastic aftermarket that keeps these cars alive (even resoldering caps onto circuit boards as the caps age out).

My buddy's point was... Who the hell is going to be doing that for the GTR in 10+ years? He has a good point. Modern cars like that are *all* black boxes that are too complex and too costly to "repair". Once they can no longer be replaced, the next failure = dead car. Can the aftermarket help? Maybe, maybe not. The systems are hugely expensive to build and if the installed base and demand are small, a small shop cant do it IMO.

I dont think we've yet seen what impact this "disposable car" era will really have since it's only been about 10-15 years since cars have started getting ridiculously complex. Hybrids just make it even worse IMO.

Quick Reply: 10 New Cars That Are Worth Waiting For