Notices
Future Lancer / Evo Models Discuss any rumors and/or news concerning future Lancer and Evolution models in here.

10 New Cars That Are Worth Waiting For

Search this Thread

Old Aug 18, 2011, 08:28 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I wouldnt wait on any of those cars.
The FR-S without a turbo is a joke. Its basically a NA Genesis coupe, or a RWD tC. I'm sure there will be aftermarket though, add an intake, header, CBE and get 10hp. Or spend 5k on a turbo kit that will only run 6psi without blowing it up. Even then you would only be keeping up with a new 5.0 mustang and probably spent more money.

The Golf R will be another R32 probably. Nice inside, meh outside, overpriced and underperformed.

Mitsu has their head up their rear end with a hybrid Evo. Leave the Evo the way it is. If someone wants fuel economy, they buy an economical car. An AWD turbo diesel sedan would be cool, but why mess with the Evo at all? It's been such a solid car for so long?

You know what would get me excited? A 2 Door RWD coupe with a turbo diesel engine. Good fuel economy, solid performance, and the potential for massive torque after a few bolt ons.
Old Aug 31, 2011, 09:57 PM

A "green" evo, hmm that would be interesting to say the least
Old Sep 1, 2011, 11:16 AM
Evolving Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by Weapon X
I wouldnt wait on any of those cars.
The FR-S without a turbo is a joke. Its basically a NA Genesis coupe, or a RWD tC. I'm sure there will be aftermarket though, add an intake, header, CBE and get 10hp. Or spend 5k on a turbo kit that will only run 6psi without blowing it up. Even then you would only be keeping up with a new 5.0 mustang and probably spent more money.

The Golf R will be another R32 probably. Nice inside, meh outside, overpriced and underperformed.

Mitsu has their head up their rear end with a hybrid Evo. Leave the Evo the way it is. If someone wants fuel economy, they buy an economical car. An AWD turbo diesel sedan would be cool, but why mess with the Evo at all? It's been such a solid car for so long?

You know what would get me excited? A 2 Door RWD coupe with a turbo diesel engine. Good fuel economy, solid performance, and the potential for massive torque after a few bolt ons.
I'm not trying to call u out or anything, but that's the very reason why Mitsubishi is going green, they don't want the people to go for another brand or platform.

To each his own. I love the performance even though it guzzles more gas than a town door knob, that's why I didn't buy a Prius.

But thinking of the future and our future generations, the economy, and the business aspects, I see why they want to go green....just don't ban our gas guzzlers!
Old Sep 4, 2011, 04:54 PM

Agreed with everyone the Vette will NOT look anything like that, The VW Golf R was dropped from the plans, and the Toyota/Subaru looks Hot. Im stoked for the new Evo. Always loved it.
Old Nov 7, 2011, 06:28 AM
Evolved Member

the vette and the FR-S are the only cars that caught my eye. the rest i will continue to sleep on....
Old Nov 27, 2011, 07:01 PM
Evolved Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Everyone needs to look at Nissan as their template! They have a Nissan Leaf as their eco-car, they have the lighter more powerful 370z as true sports car for mid 30k and then the GTR. Now, mitsu do the same thing don't just merge all cars into one!
Old Nov 28, 2011, 05:17 PM

Dam! Wow I'm diggin a lot of these cars and what the EF?! AWD Golf that things gonna be crazy...
Same with the FR-S and wow that EVO XI looks dope for a drawing lol.
Old Nov 30, 2011, 01:08 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
86!!!
Old Dec 3, 2011, 07:22 PM
Evolving Member

That Golf R is pretty sweet seen a video recently.Same specs as an Evo, I feel like it could be cheaper.
Old Dec 3, 2011, 08:11 PM

The XI is still a concept car. I guarantee it won't look that sleek when it finally releases. I could have sworn it was going to be 2013 though...not 2012.
Old Dec 4, 2011, 06:10 AM

The 86/BRZ are the ones that have caught my eye. The XI should have gone with a turbo diesel instead.
Old Dec 4, 2011, 02:06 PM

ft-86 and the vette look sick
Old Jan 5, 2012, 08:56 AM

No FIAT Abarth on that list?!
Old Jan 5, 2012, 12:04 PM
Evolved Member

Hope the evo doesnt come out ugly
Old Feb 17, 2012, 04:50 PM

I hope that next Evo will stay as it is-fast, fun car. Probably it'll be impossible to avoid some eco crap in it.

Quick Reply: 10 New Cars That Are Worth Waiting For