Notices
Future Lancer / Evo Models Discuss any rumors and/or news concerning future Lancer and Evolution models in here.

What options should the new XI have?

Search this Thread

Old Jun 29, 2013 | 03:34 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by adriano_917
Redesign exterior from the X
400Hp
4g63t

Originally Posted by golgo13
Didn't Mitsubishi already do that with the X?

Old Jul 4, 2013 | 08:33 PM
Evolving Member

I owned an VIII and own an X. This is what I want on my third Evo:

1) height-adjustable seat

2) telescoping steering wheel

3) a steering wheel that felt as good as the Momo in the VIII (the X wheel is a cheap joke)

4) a 6th gear in the manual, geared for highway cruising (1800 rpm at 60 mph)

5) better gas mileage (use direct injection, add displacement, less weight, even hybrid tech if necessary)

6) wagon / estate

7) better cloth seating material (the stuff they used in both the VIII and X looks old when it's new)

8) an interior on par with that in a VW GTI

9) fix that freaking gap between the tires and top of the wheel well

10) make it look like the Concept X. Exactly like the Concept X.

Last edited by Berserker; Jul 4, 2013 at 08:35 PM.
Old Jul 7, 2013 | 03:59 PM
Evolving Member

Less weight more power, and gear shifting should be smooth.

Last edited by su37su; Jul 7, 2013 at 04:02 PM.
Old Jul 7, 2013 | 04:02 PM

Definitely 6spd manual gearbox!
Old Jul 9, 2013 | 05:17 AM

a decent set of seats, and a 6-speed manual. the rest is gravy.
Old Jul 18, 2013 | 08:04 AM

Options:
1 - height adjustable seat
2 - 6 manual gearbox
3 - some decent technology

Criteria:
1- smaller exterior dimensions
2 - fun to drive
3 - no plug in for hybrid
Old Jul 18, 2013 | 08:43 AM
Evolved Member

If they just re-release the IX and just flash the ECU to 200HP to meet hippie emissions standards I and tens of thousands of others will immediately throw money at the dealership.

If they start with the X design they dun goof'd.

If they make it heavier than a X and diesel they went full retard.

I suspect it will be the latter two.

Oh--and height adjustable seats? Really? Has evom been invaded by dwarfs?
Old Jul 18, 2013 | 09:51 PM
Evolving Member

What about this?
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/ZF_9HP_transmission
Old Jul 19, 2013 | 02:00 PM
Evolving Member

Nürburgring lap time is all.
Old Jul 19, 2013 | 02:06 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by olmoscd
If they just re-release the IX and just flash the ECU to 200HP to meet hippie emissions standards I and tens of thousands of others will immediately throw money at the dealership.
Sounds like a good place to start. For a company like Mitsubishi, it is a non-issue for them to achieve 400+, even perhaps 450+ horsepower on the Evo 9 with some thoughts into the tune and cats.

Think about it in this way. Even GT-R and BMW 335i can pass the standards. No way Evo cannot.

And offer a 5MT and a 6-speed DCT option. OMG, Mitsubishi Evo XI MR400 has just achieved 7:40 on Nürburgring.
Old Jul 19, 2013 | 02:39 PM
Evolving Member

- RS or Track Ready Model
- No silly automatics
- over built drivetrain components
Old Jul 20, 2013 | 07:28 AM

Originally Posted by Berserker

I think this is a must!!
Old Jul 21, 2013 | 10:26 AM
Evolving Member

How to destroy an evo:

Originally Posted by Berserker
1) height-adjustable seat

2) telescoping steering wheel
Add options that do nothing but increase the weight of the car that only a small percentage of people care about. Could add a wheel chair mount to the rear of every car while we are at it.

3) a steering wheel that felt as good as the Momo in the VIII (the X wheel is a cheap joke)
Bulk up the steering wheel with more solid metal construction. We don't care if its heavier or harder to turn, or is going to put more strain on the power steering rack and require the use of industrial bearings to keep in place, or even if its safer and able to collapse in the event of a accident. Oh, but for gods sake don't remove all my radio and disk changer controls, we still need all of them and more on the finished unit.

Ask for a 6th gear but not so that you have a selection of different gear ratios for different race applications but for HIGHWAY CRUISING purposes of all the things that matter in the world of a sports car build.

5) better gas mileage (use direct injection, add displacement, less weight, even hybrid tech if necessary)
Ask for direct injection, huge FAIL. If you don't understand why, do more research. And while we are at it, lets ask for more displacement which adds weight, removes it from being able to be rally raced and then require the impossible and say to reduce the weight of a larger motor that's already full aluminum. Better yet, hybrid technology in a performance based sports car. Thats the smartest thing I've ever heard, I'm so excited!

6) wagon / estate
Because having the fastest wagon in the world is like dieing and going to heaven. They should probably just stop making the sedans all together and focus all there energy on the wagon build. That's where the money is!

7) better cloth seating material (the stuff they used in both the VIII and X looks old when it's new)
Ask for the interior cloth from a 1996 Hyundai Elantra that doesn't look any different from 0 miles of use and 500k miles of use. It also can withstand flood waters, hurricane winds, and eat a layer of the flash off your *** through your pants and cause violent hemorrhoids but hey, at least it still looks the same as the day i bought it.

8) an interior on par with that in a VW GTI
Ask for heavier and more fashionable interior so that your boy friend driving his Fiat 500 doesn't make fun of you.

9) fix that freaking gap between the tires and top of the wheel well
Delete the race engineering and rally car history of the vehicle for a better suited hella flush from the factory style.

10) make it look like the Concept X. Exactly like the Concept X.
Make it look like a dream car that costs 120K to build, and if you can add some of them pop out cannons and missile launchers that i used to draw on all of my car pictures when i was nine years old that would be superb also.

Now if we were talking about a base lancer, then maybe i would understand. But it is a damn shame just how easily people forget what an Evolution is supposed to represent.

I FOUND IT: I just did a lot of research and think you pretty much found what everyone is looking for in a car. Should trade in and get a "2013 Honda Crosstour EX". It comes with adjustable seat height, telescoping wheel, a better feeling steering wheel, a 6th gear designed for highway cruising, more displacement, hybrid tech, its a wagon, better cloth seat material, interior that doesn't feel cheap, no wheel gap, and looks like it came to life from a concept drawling. The EX-L even comes all wheel drive. Lets just discontinue the Evolution and all buy Honda's. The honda fad was staring to die down anyways so heres our chance to bring it back to life.
Old Jul 21, 2013 | 11:25 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by PZ.eu
Dog clutches >> clutch packs but only when shifted fast

480nM =340 lb-ft = current SST levels so still not enough...needs to be 400 lb-ft so close to 600nm capacity
Old Jul 21, 2013 | 02:07 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by WRC-LVR
Dog clutches >> clutch packs but only when shifted fast

480nM =340 lb-ft = current SST levels so still not enough...needs to be 400 lb-ft so close to 600nm capacity
oh well I think that beefier can be afforded.

Ask for direct injection, huge FAIL. If you don't understand why, do more research. And while we are at it, lets ask for more displacement which adds weight, removes it from being able to be rally raced and then require the impossible and say to reduce the weight of a larger motor that's already full aluminum. Better yet, hybrid technology in a performance based sports car. Thats the smartest thing I've ever heard, I'm so excited!
I'll object here, I really think that it has to step up in the MPG game, I know that people that have EVO's should totally consider forgetting on getting acclaimed MPG, but the game moves on and EVO trails.
http://www.goo-net-exchange.com/cata...AGON/10082890/
10.6:1 CR; 300hp without sweating too much. And thats the engine in new Subaru WRX that comes in 2015 most likely. (altho J-Spec Evo's have 300PS and 422Nm vs 300PS and 400Nm). But acclaimed mpg(from somewhere I've read) is 31MPG and that car is heavier than Evolution X.
WRC rallying now also has GDI, so its not that bad either. But I really think that Mitsubishi shouldn't dog out other rally enthusiasts and should offer them MPI rally spec head, pistons as Ralliart offered upgrades for rally for awhile.

As for transmission, I think that current TC-SST could suffice totally, but I'd like if Mitsubishi can offer some variety, I mean there are many different buyers around.
Lancer Evolution is a phenomenal car, but I really think it should follow the trend of the car industry. Lately most Evo fanatics have grown into pre DI Land Rover Defender community saying "OMG DI DIESEL WILL RUIN TEH CAR". But its Evolution, its like going into something new and trying to get better and advanced.
PS. I know 10.6:1 is dangerous for mods, but nothing is impossible. It will prolly have some "MY2008" problems, but it will move on. And I think that next Evo 11 edition would have more customers if mpg was something like 20/24/28, while offering 320hp(altho I'd really want 365hp just to rub some MB scrubs noses) and keeping old gearboxes. Opinions?

Last edited by PZ.eu; Jul 21, 2013 at 05:29 PM.