Notices
Future Lancer / Evo Models Discuss any rumors and/or news concerning future Lancer and Evolution models in here.

Evolution 05 models ordering now!!

Search this Thread

Old Jun 7, 2004, 06:53 PM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Talking Evolution 05 models ordering now!!

For everyone who has been wondering when the 05 model EVO's will be here I have some good news. Just got my commitment sheets for next months orders, and 05 EVO is on it. Figure this means that the cars will start showing up in Oct. For those of you wanting to order one call your dealer now. 1st run is going to be EXTREMELY limited. Most dealers will only get 1. But at least its here!
Old Jun 7, 2004, 07:34 PM
gtr
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I'm just curious if your talking about the MR, RS, or regular evo? Do you mean 1 allocation for this time?
Old Jun 7, 2004, 07:46 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by gtr
I'm just curious if your talking about the MR, RS, or regular evo? Do you mean 1 allocation for this time?
Each month you make commitments for the cars that you are going to order from , then about a month later you spec out your cars. Most dealers are only being sent one 05 on this months commitment sheet. Their may end up being more available next month but these would then get spec'd out a month later.
Old Jun 7, 2004, 07:54 PM
Evolving Member

sweet!!!!! gotta check in with my dealer tomorrow.
Old Jun 7, 2004, 10:03 PM
Evolving Member

If your talking about the regular EVO (and I'm taking it that the 04 and 05 will have no significant changes) there are two sitting on a lot where I live, one have them has been there for at least 4 months.
Old Jun 7, 2004, 10:10 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by eldanoloco
If your talking about the regular EVO (and I'm taking it that the 04 and 05 will have no significant changes) there are two sitting on a lot where I live, one have them has been there for at least 4 months.
Check the earlier threads...the 05 is has more power, lim-slip, etc. As for the 04, they are pretty much the same as the 03.
Old Jun 7, 2004, 10:23 PM
Evolving Member

I stand corrected. I didn't feel like reading in depth, does it say where the extra power comes from. I would guess something along the lines of a more effecient manifold or exhaust or something. Limited Slip is pretty hard to compete with, but then again most drivers dont really get to extract the real performance of one. The dealership sticker on it was like 27500. But the wife said it was not a pratical family car and went on to ***** that I don't listen to her, not sure though I just kinda tuned her out and wasn't paying attention.
Old Jun 7, 2004, 10:39 PM
Evolving Member

Hey what about the 04? I hated the dealer. one of these day I'mma shove my money up their *** so hard for trying to ripped me off. 40G for an 03/04? give me a brake and trying to say that their dealer has the most car/ evo in the nation. And guess what every dealers I stop by that day said the same thing. Oh yea almost forgot my favorite quote of all time, "we are the number 1 dealer's in the states." Yea sure, read between the F$#KN line.

Sorry folk I'm just a desperate EVO fanatic who is currently looking for a reasonable price for my baby. wish me luck. I'm going to try again this August. and this time I will shove my money up their *** for sure.
Old Jun 7, 2004, 10:43 PM
Evolving Member

Wow, we have a #1 dealer here too, two of them. We are so lucky. Come to Az, theres a silver one that I am pretty sure to technically keep the warranty good, give at oil change it sat on the lot so long.
Old Jun 8, 2004, 05:12 AM

so I take it from what your saying its the regular evo and not the MR? I got word from my dealers rep they wouldnt be producing MR till november
Old Jun 8, 2004, 05:43 AM
UFO
Evolved Member

That's cool and all but how much is it going to devalue my '03 that was bought towards the end of last year when it was still the current MY? I guess it will make the '04s more valuable though seeing as their will be less of them.
Old Jun 8, 2004, 08:19 AM
Evolved Member

bhenkle - did it have base msrp and option prices on it as well?
Old Jun 8, 2004, 08:27 AM
Evolved Member

this is exciting! The dealer here in Columbia is supposed to get a MR for my dad, he's kept his '03 bone stock, so hopefully he will get a good trade-in. Hopefully our dealer won't screw around and miss the chance to get one ('05 MR). Thanks for all the info you bring here BHENKEL, I can't get any good info from my dealer, they seem to be clueless most of the time.
Old Jun 8, 2004, 11:48 AM

Yup its official I talked to my sales guy and he said they are getting one for sure and they put in for two!
Old Jun 8, 2004, 07:51 PM
Evolving Member

Awesome to hear the reassurance

Although, its going to be stupid on Mitsubishi's part to keep it extremely limited to steal some WRX STI sales.

Quick Reply: Evolution 05 models ordering now!!