Notices
Future Lancer / Evo Models Discuss any rumors and/or news concerning future Lancer and Evolution models in here.

EVO MR released in 3rd week of SEPTEMBER!!!!

Search this Thread

Old Aug 12, 2004, 06:56 AM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Yup RA is right, I would go outta state. $200 plane ticket...........a drive home over a weekend to break it in..........all outweights a 3k markup.

As for me, Im waiting to see them on the showroom floor.
Old Aug 12, 2004, 08:12 AM
Evolved Member

same boat.

I bought the first Evo in the area..... i paid msrp... within a month they were $500 off, then cheaper and cheaper..... i will wait out the MR this time around.....

Originally Posted by Mister2zx3
I'm waiting until End of October when dozens of MRs will have been on the lots collecting dust and dealers are getting antsy they they won't be able to sell them till next spring when they can be driven off the lots safely..,
Old Aug 12, 2004, 09:38 AM

trading in my evo for an mr and the dealer's only giving me 22,000 for a car i paid 33,000 for last year mitsubishi suck's
Old Aug 12, 2004, 10:33 AM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by meco corona
trading in my evo for an mr and the dealer's only giving me 22,000 for a car i paid 33,000 for last year mitsubishi suck's

They want a good deal just like everyone else does. If it is available from people like you then they will take it. Unfortunately the evo has a poor resale value, it's no secret and allowing your car to go for that much won't help matters any. Other dealers would probably give you no more. Why are you making the same mistake twice? Don't blame mitsu for making an awesome car a bit better and your need of having to own the absolute best of the line.

The way I see it, cars are an expensive hobby. Your evo is never going to make you money but hopefully it can at least make you happy.
Old Aug 12, 2004, 10:58 AM
Evolved Member

Thats a loss of about 33%.
Old Aug 12, 2004, 11:04 AM
Evolved Member

uhh, don't trade in and you won't see the loss. do people like paying 1st year depreciation over and over?
Old Aug 12, 2004, 12:19 PM
Evolving Member

wow!! i would work them alittle for more trade value they're just trying to get your thinking down. my dealer offered me 23,500 for mine plus i get the tax credit.
Old Aug 12, 2004, 12:48 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by kmxxbadboy
Trying to make myself feel better wasn't the point of my post. I just wanted to post my opinion that with any limited production car, the ball is not really in our court. Take, for example, the Ford GT. Dealers are marking those up like crazy. Though we are nowhere near the price point of a Ford GT, I just wanted to point out that limited production vehicles typically carry a premium after MSRP, due to the simple supply-demand structure of society. If this were a typical lancer, we'd have our supply demand curves crossing right in the middle at equilibrium price. As we move onto the Lancer Evolution, the supply curve shifts downward, raising the equilibrium price. Move on to the MR and the supply curve shrinks even further downward, pushing the equilibrium price even more upward. Simple macro-economic theory. Hey, if you can get the MR at MSRP, kudos to you. Like Tanner mentioned above... the Tri-state area is a hard place to find a good deal on anything, period. As far as how far $3,000 will get me, I'm not really an engine guru or power tuner, but one thing it did get me was the MR.
Congrats on your decision dude.

I have in writing from my sales manager: MSRP+tax & tag LESS dealer fee.
It is also a fully refundable deposit should I decide not to get the car.

I decided a while back and placed my deposit back in MAY. but -
Some dealers are still taking deposits for MSRP according to some threads.
You may still have time to shop around if you change your mind about giving up that extra 3G.
Old Aug 12, 2004, 03:55 PM
Evolved Member

waz up guys! first time poster, long time lurker.

I'm seriously thinking about getting a MR so I'm doing my homework. One big thing I'm still unclear of is the new factory warranty. I read in some artical about that FQ-340 evo across the pond that carries a 3 year unlimited mile warranty with free scheduled maintenance, does anyone know if that is going to carry over to the USDM MR? Thats really my main concern cause I do a lot of driving, like 40-50k per year and I dont want to have to worry about my warranty being shot after only 6-8 months of driving. Plus the free scheduled maintenance will save me the cost and time of doing my own service.

My next question is about price. Currently Im stationed in Boston, MA so I checked with a local dealer; they must be smoking crack. 04 evo bone stock he's asking 31,500. add another 3k for dealer upgrades then tack on tax, tags and dealer prep, thats almost 36k out the door. I almost pooped my pants when he told me that. So I asked him about the MR and he said they won't be over here for another 6 month cause there still in freight containers over in Japan. And if and when they do come over each dealer is getting 1 at the most cause there aren't even enough to go around. So I told him about the Car and Driver artical... he said "humm, I'll have to check that out". Then I told him about this site and what I read here and he was like "you can belive what you want to belive but mitsubishi isn't sending over the MR for a while." What a jerk-off!

So let me know what you guys know cause I want to trade in my GSX and get an EVO!
Old Aug 12, 2004, 05:36 PM
Evolving Member

the usdm evo 8 mr will not be available with the 340 hp motor. That is purely for the UK market. as for unlimited mileage, that is completely untrue. mitsubishi has changed their warranty dramatically by raising it from 3/36,000 miles to 5/60,000 and free maintaince for the same period of time. I have never heard of a 3 year unlimited mile warranty. The closest i have heard is ferrari which includes a 2 year/unlimited miles and evos are not ferraris. Price is still one of the biggest mysteries of the mr. know one knows for sure what the price except for mitsubishi and maybe its dealers, and magazines (which are not out yet).
Old Aug 13, 2004, 03:43 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by AlwaysinBoost
waz up guys! first time poster, long time lurker.

[size=2]I'm seriously thinking about getting a MR so I'm doing my homework.
[size=2]My next question is about price.
So let me know what you guys know cause I want to trade in my GSX and get an EVO!
Welcome - that guy sounds full of it!!!!

MR is a limited production vehicle with first shipments expected to arrive late Sept 04.
Dealers' quotas will vary from 0-4 MR's on average per shipment (depending on if they are a quality high volume dealer or not, etc, etc.), mixed in with possibly a few RS's and more regular Evos.
MR's may be getting more and more difficult to get as people are placing deposits even as you read this post.
I've had my deposit since May for MSRP, but you may have to hunt around for a good price as much of the first batch is already sold out and increased demand = increased markup.
Good luck.
Old Aug 13, 2004, 03:45 PM
Evolved Member

[QUOTE=Turbo-Ron]Welcome - that guy sounds full of it!!!!

PS: I'm guestimating an MSRP of $33,000.
Old Aug 17, 2004, 07:27 PM
Evolving Member

Where has it been said that the MR is a limited run vehicle? From what I understand, it is going to be another choice of Evo models (ie., Rs, Standard 8, etc.). I believe if they can sell them, they will build them and ship them.

This MR stuff is exactly like when the Evo came over. The dealerships were RAPING people because , for whatever reason, people had to have one now. If you want an MR, sooner or later you be able to get one.

Mitsu is in buisness to SELL cars, not to make limited edition cars. Plus they need the money
Old Aug 17, 2004, 07:41 PM
Former Sponsor

Received 24 Likes on 21 Posts
Originally Posted by jason@NTEC
my dealer offered me 23,500 for mine plus i get the tax credit.

Can you explain how you get/qualify for this tax credit? Thanks.
Old Aug 17, 2004, 07:50 PM

Tax credit means they subtract the trade in value against the sale price and you pay tax on the difference instead of the entire sale amount.

33,000 x .06=1980 dollars in taxes
33,000-trade in 25,000= 8,000 x .06=480 dollars in taxes hence "tax credit"

hope that explains it.

Quick Reply: EVO MR released in 3rd week of SEPTEMBER!!!!