Notices
Future Lancer / Evo Models Discuss any rumors and/or news concerning future Lancer and Evolution models in here.

MR is sold out

Search this Thread

Old Jul 3, 2004, 04:08 PM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
MR is sold out

I've called my dealer (Alhambra Mitsubishi, CA 91801) to check on the status of my MR which I've ordered on June 5. I will be getting their first MR and price will be MSRP. He told me that they are not accepting anymore order, because all three of their MR allocations are spoken for.

He said each dealer is only allocated 3-5 MRs. So if any of you want to get an MR by September, especially in So Cal, better hurry.

Shall we start some kind of list to show which dealer is still taking order and which dealer is selling the MR at MSRP? I think this will benefit potential MR buyer.
Old Jul 3, 2004, 04:12 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by chantaiman51
I've called my dealer (Alhambra Mitsubishi, CA 91801) to check on the status of my MR which I've ordered on June 5. I will be getting their first MR and price will be MSRP. He told me that they are not accepting anymore order, because all three of their MR allocations are spoken for.

He said each dealer is only allocated 3-5 MRs. So if any of you want to get an MR by September, especially in So Cal, better hurry.

Shall we start some kind of list to show which dealer is still taking order and which dealer is selling the MR at MSRP? I think this will benefit potential MR buyer.

I'm not in Cali, But I Agree, Free Bump
Old Jul 4, 2004, 11:26 AM

OH NO. It's the end of the world. OMG!!!!

lol, there will be more. Patience brings everything (well most of the time).
Old Jul 4, 2004, 12:09 PM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by evomr
OH NO. It's the end of the world. OMG!!!!

lol, there will be more. Patience brings everything (well most of the time).
how many MRs do you think we will be getting then?
Old Jul 4, 2004, 12:23 PM
Evolving Member

its sold out in japan some more coming in september
Old Jul 4, 2004, 09:25 PM
Evolved Member

if demand is THAT high there will be more in the pipeline...

i would bet that there will still be some MR's sitting on dealers lots 3 months after they arrive... they had a tough time selling the VIII, and dealers still have them on the lots...

adding another 4K to the price is not going to help move these things any quicker...

i have an email in though to set up a test drive when one comes in...
Old Jul 4, 2004, 09:32 PM
Evolving Member

I say just buy a used VIII and put mods to make it faster and better looking then the MR
Old Jul 4, 2004, 10:07 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by erikgj
how many MRs do you think we will be getting then?
As many as they can sell.
Old Jul 5, 2004, 01:43 AM
Evolving Member

You guys completely misunderstood me. I think the problem is there will be very low demand for the MR. Mitsu said they will make 800 because they really didn't expect any more buyer for the MR. So if you want a unique MR, you want to act quick. Its really sucks to be the 801th buyer especially you are in So Cal. You think Mitsubishi will just build one extra one for you? =)
Old Jul 5, 2004, 02:13 AM

I agree that they will sell as many as possible, why wouldn't they at this point? More cars = more service & parts needed = $$$
Old Jul 5, 2004, 02:57 AM
Evolving Member

Some of you are very funny! You think building a car is like how McDonald make a Big Mac? Of course if there are thousand of buyer for the MR, Mitsubishi will no doubt make as many as the market can bear. But what if the demand sucks as many of you predicted. You think Mitsu can start a second production run of 5-10 cars, do you know how much it cost to start a production run of limited quantity?

Its not the end of the world without the MR. I am saying if any one want to buy the first batch of MR in California, better hurry, because I have called up many dealers in So Cal. They are either marking up the price, not taking order, or sold out. You think i am a 16 years old kid who cant wait to get my first car? This particular forum is to share info about the MR, and I am sharing the info with potential MR buyer.

In addition, can people PLEASE stop saying mod the evo 8 to outperform the MR or make it better looking than MR? This sounds stupid and nothing more than sour grape. Face it, evo MR is a toy and not practical transportation. People buy new toys just like the people who bought the original evo 8. Do you hear people say don't buy Modena, Just buy a F355 and mod it to look better than F360 and faster than F360? How about don't buy a C43, just buy a C32 to make it faster than the C43?
Old Jul 5, 2004, 05:46 AM
gtr
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Face it, evo MR is a toy and not practical transportation.
Why not? All weather, 4 Doors, and a trunk. People also say the MR rides better than our current evolution which is not bad as long as you don't have crap roads with pot holes every 2 feet.
Old Jul 5, 2004, 06:30 AM
Evolved Member

ya know, with all the yap of mitsubishi going under, and considuring that the lancer/evo is pretty much the only thing theyre selling, i wouldnt be the least bit suprised if they made a hell of a lot more

but then again, im just guessing

-matt
Old Jul 5, 2004, 06:56 AM
Evolved Member

Guessing indeed.

Right now Mitsu's sales are essentially in the toilet. In June 2003, Mitsubishi managed to push about 22,000 cars through sales. However, for June 2004 (this past month), it was a mere 12,000. It's no wonder about the new "Best-Backed Warranty" plan, is it? Sales have essentially fallen off a cliff from the 25,000 units that were being sold every month for quite a while.

Apparently the Eclipse Coupe has completely run out of steam. What was once a very good seller for Mitsu, is only selling at about 40% of last year's rate, and about only 25% of what sales were at peak. Galant sales have also seemingly fell off a cliff. Numbers for the past several months have consistently been only about 1/2 of that a year ago. Mitsu was capable of shipping nearly 10,000 of those out the door in a month, and now it seems as they're struggling to sell 4,000. SUV sales are down about 50% across the board as well.

Evo sales are have leveled off. The initial hype is over. Based on the past year of sales, I doubt they can sell much more than 4,000 of these a year. There might be a bit of a spike with the MR, but it'll only account for several hundred units. This is also why the '04s were so late -- production for the '03's exceeded 5000 units. They were looking at 1000-1500 units that weren't going to move, and it was going to take 4 - 5 months to get rid of them all.
Old Jul 5, 2004, 10:20 AM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by gtr
Why not? All weather, 4 Doors, and a trunk. People also say the MR rides better than our current evolution which is not bad as long as you don't have crap roads with pot holes every 2 feet.
No kidding, plus ACD for Gravel and Snow....Yeah Mitusbishi sure didnt build it for snowy days.
Besides, I don't think it would hurt mitsubishi to sell something constantly rather than cutting it to a limited #.

Last edited by tryandcatchme; Jul 5, 2004 at 11:03 AM.

Quick Reply: MR is sold out