Notices
Future Lancer / Evo Models Discuss any rumors and/or news concerning future Lancer and Evolution models in here.

Why Im Getting An MR

Search this Thread

Old Sep 21, 2004, 01:48 AM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by evo sky
u never defined what "fast car" is... and I dont know where this 13 seconds is coming from

But let's assume fast car means production vehicles
in that case the McLaren F1 can do the quartermile in 11.9's =)
"fast car" for me is production car that people actually use on the road like 911, evo, sti, corvette, m3, 350z, nsx, etc.... I think its fair to say in average, fast sports car can do 13 seconds. Of course, some are faster, some are slower.

Okay, or lets assume its Mclaren F1, it does 11.9's.
A Honda CBR1000RR is about 10.1 seconds. A Gsxr1000 is 9.96 seconds.
A Honda CBR600RR and a Yamaha R6 is about 10.70 seconds

You can see there is a huge gap here.
Old Sep 21, 2004, 02:10 AM
Evolving Member

BTW, please download this video:

http://www.utahsba.com/audiovideo/220mph.wmv
Old Sep 21, 2004, 02:40 AM
Evolved Member

hehe yeah but thats a turbo busa
anyway, on a bike you have to be real stupid if you cant beat a car with 300/400 or even more hp.
Old Sep 21, 2004, 06:58 AM

Not from a roll, you'll kill any new 600 with 350 rwhp
Old Sep 21, 2004, 10:21 AM
Evolved Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by chantaiman51
There is no possible way your Z28 can outrun a modern 600. What you beat is probably a 45 hp 450lb FZR600, or a Katana 750.

Last time, I was toying with a Modena with my duc 748. I easily beat it from 80 to 120mph. And my 748 is extremley slow comparing with my 998 and 1000RR.
Dude, Modenas aren't that fast first of all, second, I know what the bike was, I've been riding for years. I have outrun R6's, 6R's, etc. I have also been outrun on the highway by Z28's when I used to ride a 600. 600's don't have as much ***** as you act like and not even close to a liter bike. I outran a Modena and a 911 in my Z28 as well. F-Bodies are tough on the highway when modified. Mine did 12.6 @110 with almost no mods (muffler, air filter, short shifter).

BTW, I would never waste gas on a fckn Katana, for the record. And you're right, your Ducati, like all Ducatis, is extremely slow.
Old Sep 21, 2004, 10:41 AM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
BTW, please download this video:

http://www.utahsba.com/audiovideo/220mph.wmv
sweet video!
Old Sep 21, 2004, 11:05 AM

The '03 r6 runs 10.6 - 10.9 out of the box. With mods...
Go onto a sportbike forum or find someone on this board with a modern 600 and you will win very few races with 400rwhp.
Old Sep 21, 2004, 11:44 AM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by EVOTEXAS
Dude, Modenas aren't that fast first of all, second, I know what the bike was, I've been riding for years. I have outrun R6's, 6R's, etc. I have also been outrun on the highway by Z28's when I used to ride a 600. 600's don't have as much ***** as you act like and not even close to a liter bike. I outran a Modena and a 911 in my Z28 as well. F-Bodies are tough on the highway when modified. Mine did 12.6 @110 with almost no mods (muffler, air filter, short shifter).

BTW, I would never waste gas on a fckn Katana, for the record. And you're right, your Ducati, like all Ducatis, is extremely slow.
Yes, the modena isn't that fast, its just "respectable". But my point is 748 is also consider slow in straight among modern 600cc.

You know what, you haven't been riding, please stop hallucinating. You simply don't know the facts. Ferrari V8 has very respectable mid to top end. Your car simply can't out run a R6. It just can't get dumber than this, a 3500 lbs car outrunning a 400 lbs motorcycle with big power to weight ratio advantage on the bike side. You don't even have to be in elementary school to figure this math out. I don't doubt your Z28 is faster than modena or 911, because the P/W ratio is similar.

Your 12.6 time is laughable, my slowest 748 is high 11" and it has less than 85 rwhp. A new 600 would have 100~110rwhp and weights around 400 lbs.

Ducati is not fast or you can call it slow on drag strip. But even a small Ducs are real fast on track or on canyon. I can keep up with any size bike easily except in straight. Ducs are build for turns. But more modern 998/999 are high 10 seconds bike. You can do much better by spending less than $80 to change out the stock sprockets. Ducs are not that fast out of the box because the gearing is extremely tall. So don't make stupid comment and say ducs are extremely slow. Please tell me how a sub 12 seconds 748 and high 10 seconds 998 be classified as extremly slow.

Last edited by chantaiman51; Sep 21, 2004 at 12:34 PM.
Old Sep 21, 2004, 12:39 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by STI KLR

I think the MR should come with the Pink Sticker if im going to pay that much!
I think you need serious professional psychological help. Is your first name Jason or Freddy? Your handle is STI KLR, you KILL motorcycle with rear wheel horsepower, you make sure you kill them all, and you want the STI pink sticker on your MR????
Old Sep 21, 2004, 12:50 PM

I think you need serious professional psychological help. Is your first name Jason or Freddy? Your handle is STI KLR, you KILL motorcycle with rear wheel horsepower, you make sure you kill them all, and you want the STI pink sticker on your MR????
a Metaphor-A figure of speech in which a word or phrase that ordinarily designates one thing is used to designate another, thus making an implicit comparison, as in “a sea of troubles” or “All the world's a stage” (Shakespeare). But don't take it as an insult. Yes i want to put the pink sticker on my Mr once I get it. Me and my buddy are always competing he has and STI. And he has EVO KLR on his license plate, im going to get STI KLR and hopefully a set of those pink stickers.

Last edited by STI KLR; Sep 21, 2004 at 01:29 PM.
Old Sep 21, 2004, 03:17 PM
Evolving Member

It's easy to beat someone that doesn't know that they are in a race. Reality is CBR 600, Yamaha R6's , GSXR 600's will eat cars for breakfast, Period.
Old Sep 21, 2004, 03:17 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by Thedread
It's easy to beat someone that doesn't know that they are in a race. Reality is CBR 600, Yamaha R6's , GSXR 600's will eat cars for breakfast, Period.
Unless the race starts at 150 mph.
Old Sep 21, 2004, 11:47 PM
Evolving Member

Motorcycle VS Performance car

Look as many people have stated a bike will beat most performance cars. All you have to do is a Hp to weight ratio. Most of the bikes i have raced have beat me. Like CBR900 and GSXR's . My previous car was a ZO6 corvette with a 100 shot of Nitrous my wheel horsepower was 468 I got spanked by 600 cc bikes 900 cc bikes and 1,000cc bikes. The only way i was able to beat a CBR 600 was to race him from 40mph on up and let me tell you he was right on my bumper. When we raced from a stop it was just stupid i could do nothing but spin and of course once he was in front of me there was no catching him and i was spraying, not to mention my Vette weighed in at a mere 2,900lbs. I ran the quarter mile in a 11.6 at 122. So my advice to you is don't waste your gas unless your making like 500 plus at the wheels you are gonna have a difficult time beating a bike.

Derek
Old Sep 23, 2004, 06:42 PM
Evolved Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Guys I race NHRA and IHRA. I am well aware of when someone knows if they are in a race.

Some of you need a lesson in physics. Weight is hardly a factor at speed. Weight figures in highly in acceleration. Power:weight ratios mean much less over 85 MPH. I am talking about strictly HIGHWAY races. Sorry dudes.

All your1/4 mile comparisons are bogus. Of course a light bike will accelerate fast from the line. Bikes have very little torque which is what power is. RPMs travel much more slowly in higher gears. Horsepower is torque multipied over time. If you can't rev fast (power:weight advantage) you aren't going to accelerate fast.

It's not worth arguing with you past this really. You're all too clouded by marketing and simple thinking. It's more complicated than what you know.
Old Sep 23, 2004, 11:02 PM
Evolving Member

Guys I race NHRA and IHRA. I am well aware of when someone knows if they are in a race.

Some of you need a lesson in physics. Weight is hardly a factor at speed. Weight figures in highly in acceleration. Power:weight ratios mean much less over 85 MPH. I am talking about strictly HIGHWAY races. Sorry dudes.

All your1/4 mile comparisons are bogus. Of course a light bike will accelerate fast from the line. Bikes have very little torque which is what power is. RPMs travel much more slowly in higher gears. Horsepower is torque multipied over time. If you can't rev fast (power:weight advantage) you aren't going to accelerate fast.

It's not worth arguing with you past this really. You're all too clouded by marketing and simple thinking. It's more complicated than what you know.
We couldn't care less if you race NHRA or IHRA, what you said is still dumb. Obviously you are of limited intellect and have no clue about physics. Torque and power are not the same, they are related but not the same.

RPM's travel more slowly in higher gears. Most of us recognize that 6000 rpm's is 6000 rpm's...Are you trying to say that it will take an engine longer to reach a certain rpm, the higher the gear is?

Obviously, you have no clue about this topic, so stop before you embarass yourself any further. Oh, did I mention that I use to race motorcycles, build engines, or that I have an engineering degree? No, continue with this rubbish and I might have to tell you.

Peace