Notices
Future Lancer / Evo Models Discuss any rumors and/or news concerning future Lancer and Evolution models in here.

Why Im Getting An MR

Search this Thread

Old Sep 23, 2004, 11:12 PM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
woohoo
Old Sep 24, 2004, 06:48 AM
Evolved Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by Thedread
We couldn't care less if you race NHRA or IHRA, what you said is still dumb. Obviously you are of limited intellect and have no clue about physics. Torque and power are not the same, they are related but not the same.

RPM's travel more slowly in higher gears. Most of us recognize that 6000 rpm's is 6000 rpm's...Are you trying to say that it will take an engine longer to reach a certain rpm, the higher the gear is?

Obviously, you have no clue about this topic, so stop before you embarass yourself any further. Oh, did I mention that I use to race motorcycles, build engines, or that I have an engineering degree? No, continue with this rubbish and I might have to tell you.

Peace
Thanks for repeating my post in a negative manner. Real productive. I said I race because I am not some Ricky Racer doing ricer flybys.

Obviously, your showing signs of having no argument as you have resorted to insults instead of providing facts to support your statement. Clearly, this is because you have no idea how to support it.

All I am saying is that the effects of a power:weight ratio are drastically watered down during high speed acceleration and this is why a car can keep up with or outrun some bikes at speed. That is a fact proven by me and also some of the other posters on this thread. You're just to clouded to accept it. You're fckn wrong despite what your Motor Trends and Cycle Rider magazines lead you to believe. In fact, judging by the quality and substance of your posts, you're nothing more than a magazine educated teenager.

The rest of your banter is meaningless and trite. Come up with something of substance.

BTW, why don't you pull out your latest Motorcyclist magazine and tell me the top speed of any of the 600cc bikes. Not a lot higher than the stock EVO much less a modded one and certainly not higher than ANY F-body. The 600 runs out of steam on the high end, plain and simple.

Last edited by EVOTEXAS; Sep 24, 2004 at 06:51 AM.
Old Sep 24, 2004, 07:11 AM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by Derek Baker
Look as many people have stated a bike will beat most performance cars. All you have to do is a Hp to weight ratio. Most of the bikes i have raced have beat me. Like CBR900 and GSXR's . My previous car was a ZO6 corvette with a 100 shot of Nitrous my wheel horsepower was 468 I got spanked by 600 cc bikes 900 cc bikes and 1,000cc bikes. The only way i was able to beat a CBR 600 was to race him from 40mph on up and let me tell you he was right on my bumper. When we raced from a stop it was just stupid i could do nothing but spin and of course once he was in front of me there was no catching him and i was spraying, not to mention my Vette weighed in at a mere 2,900lbs. I ran the quarter mile in a 11.6 at 122. So my advice to you is don't waste your gas unless your making like 500 plus at the wheels you are gonna have a difficult time beating a bike.

Derek
i'm in the motorcycle business and i have personally been ten feet behind a Z06 w/ a 75 shot of nitrous, i was on a cbr600f4i and my buddy was on a gsx-r750. the gsx-r750 ran the Z06 from about 80 miles per hour. they ran dead even and i was slowly getting left by them, but neither of them pulled on each other.

by the way how did you shave 350lbs off the weight of your vette?
Old Sep 24, 2004, 07:49 AM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by EVOTEXAS
All I am saying is that the effects of a power:weight ratio are drastically watered down during high speed acceleration and this is why a car can keep up with or outrun some bikes at speed.
uhh...i think the concept you're searching for is aerodynamic drag. the effects of power to weight do not get "watered down" at speed - the laws of physics do not change just because you're moving faster. it's simply that the effects of drag become increasingly more important (drag is exponentially related to speed.)

typically, a bike/rider has less power and more drag. a sports car has more power and less drag, the evo notwithstanding
Old Sep 24, 2004, 08:55 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by Tanner_Hall
uhh...i think the concept you're searching for is aerodynamic drag. the effects of power to weight do not get "watered down" at speed - the laws of physics do not change just because you're moving faster. it's simply that the effects of drag become increasingly more important (drag is exponentially related to speed.)

typically, a bike/rider has less power and more drag. a sports car has more power and less drag, the evo notwithstanding
Ok that works. I can't recall ever saying I was a physics major. I was a marketing major. So since I don't regularly deal with much technical jargon, I know the results but don't always know how to word it. And actually, interestingly enough, I just had a conversation with a friend about this on the phone a couple hours ago and asked him to get some specs on a bikes Cd, which are not regularly published since I thought a bike has a higher Cd than the car. So effects of Cd overcomes the effects of weight at higher speeds? Is that safe to say around you techies?

That is why the fastest car will always be faster than the fastest bike around corners and in top speed? Just compare F1 to MotoGP and you get what I am trying to express here.
Old Sep 24, 2004, 10:57 AM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by EVOTEXAS
That is why the fastest car will always be faster than the fastest bike around corners and in top speed? Just compare F1 to MotoGP and you get what I am trying to express here.

In the corners 4 tyres vs 2 (more contact area, etc) is one of the main reason the car will be faster.
Old Sep 24, 2004, 10:58 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by Thedread
In the corners 4 tyres vs 2 (more contact area, etc) is one of the main reason the car will be faster.
I know.
Old Sep 25, 2004, 01:06 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by jason@NTEC
i'm in the motorcycle business and i have personally been ten feet behind a Z06 w/ a 75 shot of nitrous, i was on a cbr600f4i and my buddy was on a gsx-r750. the gsx-r750 ran the Z06 from about 80 miles per hour. they ran dead even and i was slowly getting left by them, but neither of them pulled on each other.

by the way how did you shave 350lbs off the weight of your vette?

2004 Corvette ZO6 runs a 11.97 @118.8 mph
[ Post Followup ] [ GM Truck and Sport Utility Performance Forum ]
Posted by Hog on August 15, 2004 at 03:57:48:

Bone stock ZO6 runs a 11.97 et @ 118.8 mph with a 1.87 60ft time. 3200 rpm launch rpm let out clutch briskly 405 SAE net HP rating from factory dynoed at 363.6 at 5800 rpm and 353.2 ft/lbs of torque at 4750 rpm. Using a 13% drivetrain loss that works out to 424.4 hp and 412.4 ft/lbs of torque.

0-60 3.91 seconds
60-0 117 ft
100-0 317 ft

skidpad with FE4 suspension 30mm front 23mm rear stabilizer bars and 265/40 17 front and 295/35/18 rears

clockwise .98g counterclockwise 1.02g
1.00g average lateral acceleration

12.6/11.6 inch diameter fr/rr brakes

weight 3047 lbs with 1/2 tank saved 18 lbs with a titanium exhaust also use a new carbon fibre hood design to save weight. These are the lightet vettes ever.

Pretty awesome times for a stock car and can knock down 28+ mpg.

Peace
Hog

Increase Duramax Diesel Power with Duramaximizer. Order online or call (714) 985-4825.

LIVE WEBCAM | ONLINE STORE | MAP & DIRECTIONS | EMAIL US

Followups:

Re: 2004 Corvette ZO6 runs a 11.97 @118.8 mph (Ken)-Blown-383 4x4 11:43:07 8/15/04 (1)
Re: 2004 Corvette ZO6 runs a 11.97 @118.8 mph gonzo 12:17:45 8/15/04 (0)

MY 2002 Corvette Weighed 3115 stock I removed all of the cats and ran straight exhaust. I put In a light weight battery by Braille Battery. I removed any plastic pieces and air pump/ fix a flat that they gave me with the car because it came with no spare tire and i replaced both driver and passanger seats with racing seats. the stock seats came with motors in them to raise and lower the seat plus slide it back and forth witch i thought it was a waste especially since they told me at the dealer that it did not come with a power antenna so they could save weight on the Zo6. To me the power antenna weighs 5 pounds the power seats were over 50 pounds each. Thats how I came up with the 2,900 lb weight for the car. It could be a little more but thats what the scale at MOROSO said. and i weighed all of the stuff i took off of the car so that weight seemed right. I posted the stock weight of a 2004 Corvette above I believe the only difference it and mine was that it had a carbon fibre hood.... thats it. I Hope this helps you out. and sorry it took so long to write back. Its been tough here with the Hurricane's here in south florida..

Peace
Derek
Old Sep 25, 2004, 11:18 PM
Evolved Member

For all you doubters, I just SMOKED (not close) a Kwak ZX-6R on the Tollway tonight on the way home from today's NTEC events. Jason@NTEC watched from behind so I HAVE A WITNESS!

A 600cc bike does not have the topend power to hang (for those of you who need to hear it 3 times).

I dynoed 307 AWHP today with Intake, Exhaust, MBC (19.5 psi), TurboTrix Flash so it doesn't take .5K HP to run with a little bike. In fact, I pulled so hard and he was so tucked and trying hard that I think a 750 may be better competition. I'm not ready for a liter bike, though!!
Old Sep 27, 2004, 07:45 PM
Evolved Member

Sorry guys,

This is the best I could do...

2005 LANCER EVOLUTION MR 17
2005 LANCER EVOLUTION RS 4
2005 LANCER EVOLUTION VIII 12

PRICELINE G = MR
PRICELINE A = RS
PRICELINE B = VIII

Shipment Information

Still a few left for reservation @ MSRP. I'll be out of town for about a week. If you're interested, ask for Joe Hill. He'll take care of you.

Robert Evans
Internet Manager
Santa Monica Mitsubishi