Notices
General Engine Management / Tuning Forum Discuss general EMS tuning concepts that do not pertain to a specfic brand or product.

Hear-Ye Hear-Ye! UTEC Firmware v1.7 is online...

Search this Thread

Old Sep 24, 2004, 01:20 PM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by 4G63 T
Just got mine installed by AMS (Geitherburg) tuned by Turbo XS themselves,

I'll be at the track toni9ght , will let you know.
Good Luck at the track. We didn't tune it on the dyno, but we did give it a driveability and road tune. I would love to get your car on the dyno and get a real chance at making some solid numbers. The AMS guys said they were rather pressed on time with the vehicle so we did the best we could.

Thanks,

Jermaine@turboxs.com
Old Sep 24, 2004, 01:21 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by VTECH8TR
Jermaine,

Will you be supplying a map with some minor mods for us to start off from.
That's what the base maps on the website are.

Thanks,

Jermaine~
Old Sep 24, 2004, 01:24 PM

Finally~ Yeah~
Enjoy UTEC!!!! ^0^
Old Sep 24, 2004, 01:34 PM
Evolving Member

Hey guys,
The parameter file is not need we hard coded the changes.

Thanks,
Jermaine@turboxs.com

Last edited by Imprezd; Sep 24, 2004 at 01:46 PM.
Old Sep 24, 2004, 01:41 PM
Evolved Member

YES YES this is what i like to hear.good work TURBOXS
Old Sep 24, 2004, 01:57 PM
Evolving Member

Guys,

Tuning Tip- I have found that using a 6 in the MAF Minimum for Mapping Paramter works rather nicely for tuning driveability.

Jermaine~
Old Sep 24, 2004, 02:15 PM
Evolved Member

What is the advantage of open loop fueling? Is this good if you have a upgrade 660cc Injectors compared to the closed loop?

I'm realy confused.
Old Sep 24, 2004, 03:36 PM
Evolving Member

The advantage of open loop fuelling is that you don't have the stock ecu in the loop controlling your base afr. Anyone that has tune a evo has noticed that when you tune a car it can sway 1/2 an afr point.

It makes tuning a far easier task when you know that you tune the car for a 11.8 afr it will stay relatively close to that and not sway.

Also the open loop fuelling feature allows us to have full control of rev limit and allows you to use injector scaling. Using Injector Scaling will make a global afr correction reducing the time needed to tune for larger injectors

This software makes the Evo Utec a even more powerful tuning tool.

Thanks,
Jermaine@turboxs.com
Old Sep 24, 2004, 03:43 PM
EvoM Guru

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts
Wow.. Today I actually don't have too much to add.. Must be this headache..

I may take a trip down to TurboXS at some point in the near future, I'd like to spend some time with you guys, maybe build a few maps for the current mods I have. But I also have a few product Ideas and possibly a prototype or two.
Old Sep 24, 2004, 04:03 PM
Evolved Member

That's sweet. So let me clearify up some questions that I have.

With the new firmware, all I have to do is download it and update the utec. From what I read, the new firmware will throw the current map that you have off. Correct? Ok, after you updated the new firmware to utec, you have to download the new map for the updated version?

Thank you malibujack for creating this thread and TurboXS for making an awesome tuning tool for the average blow Joe like me.
Old Sep 24, 2004, 06:06 PM
Evolving Member

tps threshold

are any of you guys having the problem in the special constants on the tps threshold where it wont take any value above 30,,,,,it starts with the 35 but if you try to change it , it wont take the 35 any more......i like my threshold at 60 percent or so....
Old Sep 24, 2004, 06:59 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by justrick
are any of you guys having the problem in the special constants on the tps threshold where it wont take any value above 30,,,,,it starts with the 35 but if you try to change it , it wont take the 35 any more......i like my threshold at 60 percent or so....
With open loop fuelling enabled the OLF Parameter crossover threshold overrides the Special Constants Parameter. That's why you can't change the value.

Masterevo- YES!

Thanks,
Jermaine@turboxs.com
Old Sep 24, 2004, 08:52 PM
Evolving Member

Is it safe to run your stage2 map with open loop fueling, if I have no wideband O2? I saw in another thread that you targeted 11.1 AFR, that's fine with me. But I'm wondering how much different mods will affect the AFR's when using open loop fueling. I only have exhaust, no modified intake, cams, etc. And your previous stage 1 map seemed REALLY lean on my car. So if I run your stage2 map with open loop fueling, should I end up pretty close to 11.1, or would it still be a crapshoot?

Oh, and it's extremely cool that you guys did some work smoothing the ECU-UTEC timing transitions. That's the only thing I really didn't like about the UTEC. Can't wait to try out the new firmware.
Old Sep 24, 2004, 10:29 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by Spec C
Mods? WHp? Please let us know how u do tonight..

Dave-
Alright ... went to the track tonight here's results

ET 1/4 12.68

Reactn time .7362

Speed 1/4 mile 107.97

60 ft. 1.7621 330 ft. 5.2013

1/8 mile 8.0924

Mods: Injen intake, Turboxs catback, helix Dp, Random tech high flow cat, Perrin fuel rail, 660 Denso , 255 walboro, AMS pulley, Utec, street tuned by turbo xs, Hks 264/272.

I need assesment above result since im neophyte in Drag racing.

Thanks.
Old Sep 25, 2004, 07:17 AM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by BigBoogieman
Is it safe to run your stage2 map with open loop fueling, if I have no wideband O2? I saw in another thread that you targeted 11.1 AFR, that's fine with me. But I'm wondering how much different mods will affect the AFR's when using open loop fueling. I only have exhaust, no modified intake, cams, etc. And your previous stage 1 map seemed REALLY lean on my car. So if I run your stage2 map with open loop fueling, should I end up pretty close to 11.1, or would it still be a crapshoot?

Oh, and it's extremely cool that you guys did some work smoothing the ECU-UTEC timing transitions. That's the only thing I really didn't like about the UTEC. Can't wait to try out the new firmware.
You really should not use any old maps with the new software. I cannot reiterate enough. It really should sway that much because we calculate the Air to Fuel Ratio. Interesting how it work. We count the air and we inject the fuel. Previous maps were lean on your car because of the way the stock ecu can switch map it's base map and screw up a good tune.

So if you run the open fuelling map you should be very close to 11.1.

Thanks,

Jermaine@turboxs.com

Quick Reply: Hear-Ye Hear-Ye! UTEC Firmware v1.7 is online...