Notices
General Engine Management / Tuning Forum Discuss general EMS tuning concepts that do not pertain to a specfic brand or product.

Road Tune

Search this Thread

Old Oct 17, 2004, 05:27 PM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Road Tune

Where can i get a good road tune from for my UTEC?
Old Oct 18, 2004, 01:16 PM
Evolving Member

Stage II map from turbo XS.. Start with that
Old Oct 18, 2004, 09:54 PM
Evolved Member

yeah but i have a intake and Greddy Type S. Those things would totally throw off that tune especially with how crazy the MAFs is.
Old Oct 19, 2004, 05:05 AM
EvoM Guru

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts
If the Greddy is recirculated it shouldn't throw it off much, with the intake, you'll have to add fuel across the board, moreso from 2500-4500. You can start with the stage2 map and then add a bit of fuel in that range.

From my work with the MAF sensors, some intakes alter the airflow due to lower velocity throughout the power band (lower Karmann Hz value) so adding fuel across the board helps. Others are only affected at lower RPM at around torque peak (boost peek) so you have to add fuel where it counts in those areas. Others get anomolous readings due to compressor surge, or other turbulence, those are the ones that are unpredictable and difficult to tune, you won't know that until you log alot of data on your car though. But usually if your tune changes frequently no matter what you do, then you should consider changing the type of intake your using, or switching to Map sensor/Boost reference for MAPs
Old Oct 19, 2004, 05:35 AM
Evolving Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by MalibuJack
If the Greddy is recirculated it shouldn't throw it off much, with the intake, you'll have to add fuel across the board, moreso from 2500-4500. You can start with the stage2 map and then add a bit of fuel in that range.

From my work with the MAF sensors, some intakes alter the airflow due to lower velocity throughout the power band (lower Karmann Hz value) so adding fuel across the board helps. Others are only affected at lower RPM at around torque peak (boost peek) so you have to add fuel where it counts in those areas. Others get anomolous readings due to compressor surge, or other turbulence, those are the ones that are unpredictable and difficult to tune, you won't know that until you log alot of data on your car though. But usually if your tune changes frequently no matter what you do, then you should consider changing the type of intake your using, or switching to Map sensor/Boost reference for MAPs
Jack is right. I have an HKS intake and had the same problems (not with unpredictable maf readings though). I had to adjust my high maf reading to 1500hz, and just zero'd out my fuel map. I ran a few logs and had a slightly rich condition across the board. I am fine with this for now, as it isn't as rich as stock ECU settings.