Notices
General Engine Management / Tuning Forum Discuss general EMS tuning concepts that do not pertain to a specfic brand or product.

ABC Install?

Search this Thread

Old Dec 19, 2004, 01:36 PM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
ABC Install?

Hi again,

How do I install the ABC? The UTEC is basically in the car and ready to go, but the instructions on how to install the ABC are unclear. It seems different than a normal MBS install. Do you all have any pictures available for how you did it? Thanks.
Old Dec 19, 2004, 04:09 PM
EvoM Guru

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts
You don't have to install it initially.. But basically the ABC hooks up between the T connector and the boost control solenoid in place of the restrictor thats on that line to the solenoid.

Its REAL easy to install, however if your going to have it tuned, have them install it... Its definitely not required unless you want to get higher boost than 20-21psi
Old Dec 20, 2004, 09:46 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by jong
Hi again,

How do I install the ABC? The UTEC is basically in the car and ready to go, but the instructions on how to install the ABC are unclear. It seems different than a normal MBS install. Do you all have any pictures available for how you did it? Thanks.
You have to cut the hose connecting the "T" fitting to the factory boost soleniod. Use the "y" piece and insert in between there. Then reconnect the hose you cut back to the factory solenoid in one of the prongs on the "y" piece and use the other for the provided hose and attach the ABC.

Malibu said the same thing but not sure if you really knew what he was saying.
Old Dec 20, 2004, 09:54 AM
EvoM Guru

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts
Yeah, I actually suggested replacing the hose so you can preserve that hose with the restrictor pill still in it.. should you want to put it back later.
Old Dec 20, 2004, 11:19 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by MalibuJack
Yeah, I actually suggested replacing the hose so you can preserve that hose with the restrictor pill still in it.. should you want to put it back later.
I left mine with the restrictor pill in it. I wasnt suppled the 4mm hose.
Old Dec 20, 2004, 11:54 AM
Evolving Member

Thanks that makes a little more sense. Unfortunately I think the failure is more with me due to my lack of experience than with the instructions. I will try my best to figure it out and if I can't I'll just have it installed when I go to get it tuned. I'm learning a lot though- I just tore my entire car apart yesterday trying to install a bunch of random stuff. It's interesting to get under the skin of the car and start to realize how things work.