Notices
General Engine Management / Tuning Forum Discuss general EMS tuning concepts that do not pertain to a specfic brand or product.

Fuel Cut fix question?

Search this Thread

Old Mar 8, 2005, 01:09 PM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Fuel Cut fix question?

I was wondering if anyone new of a way to tune out the fuel cut with the AFC II? I've turned boost down quite a bit and still hit boost cut occasionally in 4th but almost always in 5th around 3500-4500 rpm. I have tried settings from -6 to -12 in that rpm range with no success. Is there a way to get rid of this with the AFC II without ditching the CAI or getting a flash? Any info is appreciated. Thanks guys!
Old Mar 8, 2005, 01:17 PM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
BIGGER injectors , go up to some 660's and pull more fuel out ( ie get it retuned, best with a wideband ) , some venders offer a "rev" flash for $90 or get a full flash for $200---best idea ...... BTW do you mean you have a CAI "cold air intake" ?
Old Mar 8, 2005, 01:28 PM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Yes, cold air intake. It is the K&N which I've heard is difficult to tune becuase it causes the car to pull lots of timing. I don't have the upgraded fuel pump yet. Is that something that would help? I really don't want to change the injectors becuase I only plan on adding 264 cams and maybe the alcohol injection. I know Dave Buschur had stated in one of his posts that the stock injectors were fine for this set up. I just wanted to avoid the flash or tune until after the cams go in this summer. Thanks for the input.