Notices
General Engine Management / Tuning Forum Discuss general EMS tuning concepts that do not pertain to a specfic brand or product.

Tuning Help !!!!

Search this Thread

Old Apr 7, 2005, 10:08 AM
Account Disabled

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Lightbulb Tuning Help !!!!

Hello,

I have the following mods to my car and I don't know whos tuning to get anymore. Can someone please help me.

I have the Helix TBE with Test Pipe, AMS MBC + Boost Gauge, Walboro Fuel Pump, K & N Drop in Filter and HKS 272/272 cams.

The problem that I have is that I don't know who tunes the cams and the car the best. I was thinking about AL and Vishnu so far. I like the Flash idea. I drove a European car before and all I did was a mail in flash and I loved the results, so that is why I wanted to take this road.

Please someone help me out.
Old Apr 7, 2005, 01:58 PM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
If you are done with your mods and do not want the option of a race gas map, then just get the flash. It is a nice set it and forget it option. Most people are satisfied with Al's abilities.
Old Apr 16, 2005, 02:10 AM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
i currently running with a tuned safc. do you think and custom flash would produce better numbers than a straight safc tune? cuz im not really pleased with the numbers im getting with the safc.
Old Apr 16, 2005, 06:41 AM
EvoM Guru

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts
A custom tuned flash will almost always net you better results than the SAFC, so your desire to do a custom tuned reflash is actually a very good idea. Also, you can retain the s-afc in the car to make minor adjustments after the reflash (which is actually the best way to use an S-AFC in this car)

Ok.. Now who to choose..

Pick the one your comfortable with, pick the one who is as local as reasonably possible to you.. Also, this is something frequently overlooked, pick the one who is MOST FAMILIAR with your climate and type gas used.. The more experience they have with your conditions, the safer and on-target your tune will be on the street.

I have personal opinions about different tuners, which have no place in this post.. But they are all considered good at what they do. You need to take their results, abilities, and reputations into account also.. Additionally, call them and tell them what you expect, if they take the time with you and explain to you what is possible and you feel comfortable with them, then at least you know where to go from there.