Notices
General Engine Management / Tuning Forum Discuss general EMS tuning concepts that do not pertain to a specfic brand or product.

Can my UTEC controll my nitrous???

Search this Thread

Old Jun 6, 2005, 09:46 AM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Can my UTEC controll my nitrous???

With the UTEC, can i controll nitrous spray?? Or what about arming??? I really need to just ARM the nitrous in second then let the micro switch spray it at WOT. But is too dangerous launching in first then trying to reach over and arm and shift ect.... I thought about mounting the arming switch behind the shifter so when i shift to second, it will hit the switch and arm it. Any ideas??? By the way, i was running 27 psi settling to 24 psi steady on the factory turbo. I think the air was getting to hot, so i backed down to 20 psi and a 50 shot. Runs awsome. And it was 100 degrees ambient. 10.9 afr's with N2O. Plus the N2O cooling effect has to help also. Dam Star Wars, sent me to the dark side......
Old Jun 6, 2005, 09:58 AM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I believe the arming of the nitrous is just a switch and the actual trigger is the wot switch so there is no need to click anything.
Old Jun 6, 2005, 10:43 AM
EvoM Guru

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts
the relay output of the UTEC is capable of this.. I don't know anyone currently using it, but I think it has settings to close the circuit like an enhanced RPM Window switch would work, except you can have it use a few parameters, such as coolant temp, and a few other conditional parameters..

This is actually covered in the UTEC documentation and I do remember reading about it.

I would definitely wire the output to a light 'Circuit' to see if you can set the parameters in such a way that the light goes on when you want it to, then use it in place of the trigger switch (WOT Switch)

You can also use this output as a secondary switch, so you can use a thumb button in parallel, or the WOT Switch and this output in series (so it'll only kick in under specific conditions, PLUS only at WOT).. Of course the normal ARM switch is still employed since you would need to completely disable the system when its not in use.
Old Jun 6, 2005, 11:30 AM
Evolving Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
My thoughts on this would be a different idea. I would fabricate a bracket that would reside within the center console. At the end of this bracket would be a microswitch that would only be triggered by the shifter lever when in first gear. The microswitch would then interupt the positive voltage signal from the source to the WOT microswitch. Since the shifter is a cable system, and remains relatively stationary, I think that this may work. If I go with the gas, this will be my first thing to try.