Notices
General Engine Management / Tuning Forum Discuss general EMS tuning concepts that do not pertain to a specfic brand or product.

Results with the Autronic?

Search this Thread

Old Jun 21, 2005, 07:16 AM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Results with the Autronic?

The PnP board from Autronic looks pretty nice. For those of you using it can you tell us what kind of results (and associated mods) you have? I have reached the conclusion that I want more out of my Evo and I like the features the Autronic has. However, all of the big numbers that I see produced seem to come from tuners using the AEM.

Does anyone have dyno pulls with an Autronic they can post?
Old Jun 21, 2005, 10:42 AM

Ecu is only as good as the mapper.. So ecu does not determine the power output of your car.
But i`ll bet that autronic ecu is the last thing thats going to limit your power output
Old Jun 21, 2005, 03:11 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by Jokeri
Ecu is only as good as the mapper.. So ecu does not determine the power output of your car.
But i`ll bet that autronic ecu is the last thing thats going to limit your power output
As true as that may be, I'm trying to understand if there are overall limitations with what can be done on something like the Autronic vs. AEM vs. etc...

The autronic has some nice features but I'm trying to understand what kind of potential this system truly has. There doesn't seem to be as much a following for the Autronic as the AEM. Is that because the masses have learned one particular brand and don't care to learn something different or is it because there is something that is a hinderance to them with that system?

Thus, I asked if others running the Autronic could post some of their results...
Old Jun 22, 2005, 09:30 AM

http://www.autronic.com/bin/Autronic_1cell.mov

can you do that with AEM?
Old Jun 22, 2005, 09:39 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by Jokeri
Of course you can't
Old Jun 22, 2005, 08:06 PM
Evolving Member

Thanks for the posts guys. I'd really like to hear from some Evo owners that have Autronic and what kind of results they have, though. Of course I'm really interested in the PnP if others out there are using it...
Old Jun 23, 2005, 07:41 AM
Evolving Member

I've had the autronic for a year and I've had great results from it. I've got some dyno printouts at home if you'd like to see. Stock on a mustang dyno I was at 206whp, with the autronic I jumped up about 40hp. Unfortunately, I'll be selling my car soon and will also be selling the autronic pnp. If your interested in it drop me a note. I paid $1600 for the board and it’s in perfect shape. I’m asking $1100 shipped.

Jeb
Old Jun 25, 2005, 08:54 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by JFawns
I've had the autronic for a year and I've had great results from it. I've got some dyno printouts at home if you'd like to see. Stock on a mustang dyno I was at 206whp, with the autronic I jumped up about 40hp. Unfortunately, I'll be selling my car soon and will also be selling the autronic pnp. If your interested in it drop me a note. I paid $1600 for the board and it’s in perfect shape. I’m asking $1100 shipped.

Jeb
I am in Atlanta. Would like to take a look at the ecu you have and your setup. Hit me up if you have free time. Thanks