Notices
General Engine Management / Tuning Forum Discuss general EMS tuning concepts that do not pertain to a specfic brand or product.

got some questions about utec with flash

Search this Thread

Old Jul 20, 2005, 07:17 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
got some questions about utec with flash

Hey guys, Iam thinking of using utec, but I have a few questions for you guys. I have buschur upper piping, mas pipe, intake, and tbexahust with out a cat, slowboy front mount and lower piping, 272in and 280 exhaust, and hks dli II,I have a dyno flash for the exhaust and stright 272's. what do I need to do to run utec. Do I have to get my computer flashed back to stock or get flashed just for boost cut and rev limiter. Any help would be awsome.
Old Jul 21, 2005, 06:31 PM
EvoM Guru

Received 96 Likes on 83 Posts
You don't need to get your computer flashed back to stock. The flash will change your UTEC settings, but I don't think it's a negative. I'm just getting started with my UTEC, but so far so good and I'm flashed for larger injectors, cams, FMIC, etc.
Old Jul 21, 2005, 07:01 PM
EvoM Guru

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts
You don't have to get flashed back to stock.. But be aware that the flash really only affects your MAP0 settings, once you begin tuning with Open loop fueling and the UTEC timing, your basically starting from scratch with a tune.

you should run Map0 for awhile, and log as much data as possible to get some ideas for baseline timing that the Flash is running.. once you collect enough data, you should be able to rough in a map to use as a starting point.

Do a quick search in this forum, there's a few threads specific to this.