Notices
General Engine Management / Tuning Forum Discuss general EMS tuning concepts that do not pertain to a specfic brand or product.

Autronic PnP board for Evo IX?

Search this Thread

Old Jan 30, 2007, 04:45 AM
Hic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
yes, for 3 times the price when you unlock datalogging, mivec, lambda etc etc.

Last edited by Hic; Jan 30, 2007 at 04:49 AM.
Old Feb 4, 2007, 10:51 AM

Hello!

Motec is quite pricey but they offer a lot of features others don't, and the ECU for the IX was available ages before the autronics.

Good news for me, last week my local dealer contacted me and said the board is available from now on. Yes!

Too bad I have to wait another 2 or 3 week for him to order all the parts I wanted. But 3 weeks is nothing compared to the wait for the autronics. Waiting that long this thing has to be perfect, I might be ending up shove it up his "exhaust" if it's not

2 weeks to go.
Old Feb 5, 2007, 12:46 AM
Hic

it is perfect. and motec is in no way ANY BETTER than autronic ecu. Just much more complicated and as a matter of fact, I know one really bad side of M brand, that a few ppl know.

EVo9 PNP is great product.
Old Feb 7, 2007, 03:08 AM

Originally Posted by Hic
it is perfect. and motec is in no way ANY BETTER than autronic ecu. Just much more complicated and as a matter of fact, I know one really bad side of M brand, that a few ppl know.

EVo9 PNP is great product.
I will be the first to admit that I am a big fan and user of Autronic but I think the above statements are a bit out of order. The Motec has far more logger memory available than any Autronic. Also, both brands from time to time have some "Undocumented Features" than can have adverse effects given the right circumstances. Those firmware updates aren't just to add new features.

And it is not Australian to publicly criticise the opposition (well, except for New Zealand because they think we are their West Island and since one of their former Prime Ministers said all the NZ'ers moving to Australia was improving the IQ of both countries).

How many Evo 9 boards (real ones not Ray's SM4 on a base board variety) have you fitted?

Last edited by quadcam; Feb 7, 2007 at 03:19 AM.
Old Feb 7, 2007, 04:02 AM
Hic

both work like a charm!!

As per motec, when you gonna pay 7500€ for SMxx then we can argue more logger memory! Do u agree?
Old Feb 7, 2007, 04:46 AM

Ah, value for money, that is a different discussion, the Autronic is very good there.

But i would still like to see available much more logger memory, twin lambda with Autotune and knock, even for more money.

2 Evo 9 boards? Nice switch input setup options?

Last edited by quadcam; Feb 7, 2007 at 05:42 AM.
Old Feb 7, 2007, 11:39 PM
Hic

there is one R version...roumor check with Ray
Old Feb 8, 2007, 01:58 AM

I only deal with Richard versions of ecu's, not rumours.
Old Feb 8, 2007, 03:29 AM
Hic

Are you a dealer? if you are, go to dealers area and see for yourself, if not....
Old Feb 8, 2007, 03:52 AM
Evolving Member

Unless it's for the EURO or JDM VIII
Old Feb 8, 2007, 09:39 PM
Evolved Member

im stuck between Autronic and AEM still...
Old Feb 9, 2007, 03:36 AM

Hello!

If I am lucky enough I soon will be able to post my opinion from the customers side. It all sounds very well if a dealer says buy this buy that it's the best blabla because most of them (not all!) are interested in making money and not satisfying customers.

The board needs to operate like the stock one. No increased cranking, no rough idle, no problems with coldstarts, no pulsing boost.

Time will tell.
Old Feb 9, 2007, 11:18 AM

Originally Posted by bigleadfoot
Hello!

If I am lucky enough I soon will be able to post my opinion from the customers side. It all sounds very well if a dealer says buy this buy that it's the best blabla because most of them (not all!) are interested in making money and not satisfying customers.

The board needs to operate like the stock one. No increased cranking, no rough idle, no problems with coldstarts, no pulsing boost.

Time will tell.
- Thats not a good way to look at it.
You apparently decided to choose Autronic over Motec (which you did not buy because of price) and AEM (who only has an IX ecu out in December) .
This decision must have been based on something, positive feedback about Autronic, or a local dealer that you trust his opinion on the subject, etc.

Why are you debating with yourself now?

If you have the ecu tuned well the car will run well. If it is not tuned well then it will not, just like other brands of ecu.

It is in the dealers best interests to have the customers cars running and be 100%satisfied. It is better for everyone involved especially these days when most people just buy on price. Thats a good reason to NOT buy on price alone.
Good luck with the car.
Old Feb 9, 2007, 11:44 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by bigleadfoot
Hello!

Time will tell.
Keep me up to date on how the Autronic works.

To Lugnuts: What are you talking about? Also, isnt the PnP Autronic still more expensive than the AEM?
Old Feb 9, 2007, 04:07 PM

<<<To Lugnuts: What are you talking about? Also, isnt the PnP Autronic still more expensive than the AEM?>>>

Hi Diablo, I was referring to these 2 posts by bigleadfoot:

<<<<Hello!
Motec is quite pricey but they offer a lot of features others don't, and the ECU for the IX was available ages before the autronics.

Good news for me, last week my local dealer contacted me and said the board is available from now on. Yes!

Too bad I have to wait another 2 or 3 week for him to order all the parts I wanted. But 3 weeks is nothing compared to the wait for the autronics. Waiting that long this thing has to be perfect, I might be ending up shove it up his "exhaust" if it's not
2 weeks to go.

Hello!

Time will tell.>>>>

I'm just thrown off by the tone of the two threads... it sounds like he is knocking the Autronic because of the date it was introduced, and saying "it had better be perfect" in several different ways, It just seems to me to ask for problems just to have the chance to complain about it.

Also and insinuated that most of the dealers are only out for the money.

I simply offered my opinion on both points.

I do not know what suggested retail is for the AEM IX PnP.
I dont sell ecu's based solely on price.

Quick Reply: Autronic PnP board for Evo IX?