Notices
General Engine Management / Tuning Forum Discuss general EMS tuning concepts that do not pertain to a specfic brand or product.

Autronic PnP board for Evo IX?

Search this Thread

Old Feb 12, 2007, 03:11 PM
EvoM Guru

Received 59 Likes on 45 Posts
Thanks Mark.

So all that's needed to get the XI PnP SM4 to work with the VIII is to address this jumper setting, and we're good to go? I find it surprising that it would be that easy, but I'm definitely not going to complain if that's all there is to it.
Old Feb 12, 2007, 07:13 PM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
For EU cars, that would hold true as they have the three tier connectors, but for a us spec car, we need to make a jumper harness to adapt the EVO8 plug connector to EVO9... i have done several SM4 units into both EVO8 and EVO9 (before PnP was available for EVO9) by making a jumper Plug and Play harness, which could easily be made to allow use of the EVO9 PnP into a EVO8.

-Franz
Old Feb 13, 2007, 04:05 AM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by fatbastard
i have done several SM4 units into both EVO8 and EVO9 (before PnP was available for EVO9) by making a jumper Plug and Play harness, which could easily be made to allow use of the EVO9 PnP into a EVO8.

-Franz

If I had it to do all over again I would have done this rather than purchasing my evo VIII PnP board. That way I could easily rewire the ecu into a future vehicle if/when I decided to replace the evo. Just something else to think about....
Old Feb 13, 2007, 08:07 AM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by Ted B
Thanks Mark.

So all that's needed to get the XI PnP SM4 to work with the VIII is to address this jumper setting, and we're good to go? I find it surprising that it would be that easy, but I'm definitely not going to complain if that's all there is to it.
Thats providing the US Evo 8 has the same 3 plug connector like the Jap and UK cars on Evo 8 and 9.

Mark
Old Feb 13, 2007, 11:18 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by GOT EVO
As far as autotune there is no compatibility. For a third party wideband to read correctly on autronic the ground voltage has to be altered with a resistor network which will never exactly match the ground voltage of the autronic analyzer.
This is not true for the SM4-based Autronics (which the Evo IX PnP is). It will accept a 0-5v signal as a WBO2 input; I know from personal experience that the Innovate LM-1/LC-1s works with auto-tuning.
Old Feb 13, 2007, 12:21 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by alex4nder
This is not true for the SM4-based Autronics (which the Evo IX PnP is). It will accept a 0-5v signal as a WBO2 input; I know from personal experience that the Innovate LM-1/LC-1s works with auto-tuning.
good for you.
Old Feb 16, 2007, 05:03 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by GOT EVO
good for you.
You're welcome.
Old Mar 1, 2007, 01:58 AM

Originally Posted by alex4nder
...with innovative motorsports adaptor cable??? (With voltage divider)

TT
Old Mar 5, 2007, 08:03 AM
Evolving Member

as per ray hall on the autronic forums.. pnp for IX is now available

Ray Hall - The plug-in ECU for EVO9 and JDM EVO8 is now available. It is based on the SM4 model ECU. It controls the MIVEC, and reports from some of the dealers they are getting over 300HP at the wheels on a stock car with big exhaust
Old Mar 5, 2007, 04:49 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by nitz
as per ray hall on the autronic forums.. pnp for IX is now available
People are making 300 or over with stock ECU and exhaust.....i dont get his Hall's quote
Old Mar 5, 2007, 07:19 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by diablo2184
People are making 300 or over with stock ECU and exhaust.....i dont get his Hall's quote
not sure how i can clear it up for you.. i'm just the messenger.. i copied and pasted from a thread hall started to let everyone know the pnp boards are widely available now.
Old Mar 5, 2007, 11:55 PM
Hic

Diablo

you have trouble reading?!

If you check the few posts above, you will see you have trouble reading .

As I can see something like "....dealers they are getting over 300HP at the wheels on a stock car with big exhaust"

Maybe I got it wrong?!

enjoy....
Old Mar 22, 2007, 05:00 AM

Well 300hp is no big claim... I know of ECUflashes with that. But the point is, Autronic is a robust working aftermarket ECU.
We had a choice between MoTeC and Autronic... We chose Autronic for a few reasons and are delighted with the performance.
There are only a few aftermarket ECU manufacturers worth considering - and Autronic appears to be one of them.
As far as the Evo IX Pnp, Autotune, Lanch Control, Boost Control, logging and everything you would expect at (in Oz) a very competitive price.

We have used Apexi, Motec, Wolf 3D Halltec in the past and continue to be impressed by Autronic's capability.

TT
Old Mar 22, 2007, 01:18 PM
Hic

I am also impressed with EVO9 PNP.

I used some prerelease boards which worked well, but now I already did 6 cars and they are working like a charm. No errors of any kind and all owners are more than satisfied with the performance of the car.

I tuned one car with only 1.3bar and 70mm exhaust, which is so much better than stock, that the customer doesn't want me to use 1.6b of boost?? He had some really bad experience with past cars and tuners, he wants to drive like this ha ha ha.

I think there is no match to autronic, if you compare capabilities with price.
Old Mar 22, 2007, 04:01 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by Hic
Diablo

you have trouble reading?!

If you check the few posts above, you will see you have trouble reading .

As I can see something like "....dealers they are getting over 300HP at the wheels on a stock car with big exhaust"

Maybe I got it wrong?!

enjoy....
i read it as dealers being Autronic dealers, not Mitsu Dealers....

Quick Reply: Autronic PnP board for Evo IX?