Notices
General Engine Management / Tuning Forum Discuss general EMS tuning concepts that do not pertain to a specfic brand or product.

Autronic PnP board for Evo IX?

Search this Thread

Old Mar 22, 2007, 11:01 PM
Hic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Yes, Autronic dealers
Old Mar 23, 2007, 04:55 PM
Evolved Member

so why are you asking ME is i have trouble reading?
Old Mar 24, 2007, 05:01 AM
Evolving Member

Autronic support from Ray ***** in AUstralia sux. dood seems to be a one man band. As ive tuned a number of autronics STI and Evo 9 i must say that the Evo 9 ECU is the most tempramental crap out there and the ECU errors are never ending.

My 2c.

going forward im oushing Motec.
A
Old Mar 25, 2007, 12:36 PM
Hic

Originally Posted by diablo2184
so why are you asking ME is i have trouble reading?

Because you are mentioning Mitsu dealers, which has connection with what exactly?!

If there is a statement that dealers can get 300whp on a stock car with open exhaust, WHICH PART YOU DON'T UNDERSTAND?! It is written in english not chinese, for instance
Old Mar 25, 2007, 12:40 PM
Hic

Originally Posted by popadel
Autronic support from Ray ***** in AUstralia sux. dood seems to be a one man band. As ive tuned a number of autronics STI and Evo 9 i must say that the Evo 9 ECU is the most tempramental crap out there and the ECU errors are never ending.

My 2c.

A
Go for it! Tell us your experience and enlight us all! Happy you!

my god...
Old Mar 25, 2007, 12:50 PM
Evolved Member

because i read it as autronic dealers getting over 300whp with jsut an exhaust with the PnP.

but if i read it correctly, then his quote isnt making sense since the stock mitsu ecu can make that with just an exhaust.....
Old Mar 25, 2007, 12:55 PM
Evolving Member

Autronic support from Ray Hall in Australia sux. dood seems to be a one man band. As ive tuned a number of autronics STI and Evo 9 i must say that the Evo 9 ECU is the most tempramental crap out there and the ECU errors are never ending.
I would also be interested in hearing your opinions... I have seen only one hardware related issue with an Autronic board in 4 years (this was on a first generation EVO PnP box for E5... two piece board)... aside from that, i have had zero issues or problems.

Ray's expertise is second to none, as is the worldwide Autronic dealer network.

-Franz

PS. fwiw, I received news that there will be a SM4 based PnP for EVO5-7 & USDM8 in the near future.
Old Mar 25, 2007, 01:16 PM
Hic

Originally Posted by diablo2184
because i read it as autronic dealers getting over 300whp with jsut an exhaust with the PnP.

but if i read it correctly, then his quote isnt making sense since the stock mitsu ecu can make that with just an exhaust.....
hm...you are missing the point, IMHO. Of course mitsu stock ecu can make that hp. but it is also more complicated to use and doesn't have so many options as pnp board has.
so this is not the autronic vs. stock question, but how many options you have after you switch to standalone ecu. closed loop EGT-boost-ignition control, for instance, which you cannot have with stock ecu. anti-lag, flatshift, per gear boost control and many other nice things
Old Mar 29, 2007, 11:48 AM
Evolving Member

Well let me be more specific then. the part of the ECU that handles the algorythims and numbers for the power delivery is briliant - second to none - even Motec. A fried of mine tuned the first SM4 Evo 9 in SA (Also 2 part board) and the rest are the final release board for true PnP.

Problems i have are wit the way Ray handles his business and more specificaly the customers. Not all dealers are equaly competent and equaly experienced, and i dont think Ray wants to hear or accept this. In part because his dealer in SA is not anywhere near the sise in business as the top boys.

The ECU base parameters are very thinly populated compated wit hthe subaru boards. the parameters are also wrong in comparison to the stock board - i mean the basics on idle, start, temp tables and other. Perhaps trivial but i expect a solid foundation and not to have to spend two days seting one up before getting on a dyno. In addition all the errors cant be figured out by the localy support and Mr Hall the arogant chop is not providing any answers. seems some thigns he will entertain when the outfome suits his development needs or product range. All else is off limits and to be sorted by his dealers - now again not all dealers are equal!

Performance on the Evo 9 is not as smooth as the Evo 8 and the Subaru SM4 boards. i really think he rushed this one, as the intrepolation seems lathargis. Cant describe any more - its a feel while in the cars and on the dyno.

LOL - but at least its a lot better than the stock board which has 8 maps and a hidden gremlin that messes with timing and fueling irespective of how well its tuned.

Motec - they send two guys from London to sort out one car in no time. all alswers provided openly and all descussion welcome with no attitude. if they dont know - then on the spot they get hold of someone who does.
Old Mar 29, 2007, 01:48 PM
Evolving Member

My 2c.

A
I have to say the only tempramental thing is the mapper if you can not get it to run correctly it is you or you have something wrong with your cars that you have over looked.

Mark
Old Mar 31, 2007, 05:27 AM
Evolving Member

Maybe Mark. I will keep looking for what the issues could be, hell i dont claim to know everything, but the help from supplier is thin.
Old Mar 31, 2007, 05:30 AM

Well let me be more specific then. the part of the ECU that handles the algorythims and numbers for the power delivery is briliant - second to none - even Motec. A fried of mine tuned the first SM4 Evo 9 in SA (Also 2 part board) and the rest are the final release board for true PnP.

Problems i have are wit the way Ray handles his business and more specificaly the customers. Not all dealers are equaly competent and equaly experienced, and i dont think Ray wants to hear or accept this. In part because his dealer in SA is not anywhere near the sise in business as the top boys.

The ECU base parameters are very thinly populated compated wit hthe subaru boards. the parameters are also wrong in comparison to the stock board - i mean the basics on idle, start, temp tables and other. Perhaps trivial but i expect a solid foundation and not to have to spend two days seting one up before getting on a dyno. In addition all the errors cant be figured out by the localy support and Mr Hall the arogant chop is not providing any answers. seems some thigns he will entertain when the outfome suits his development needs or product range. All else is off limits and to be sorted by his dealers - now again not all dealers are equal!

Performance on the Evo 9 is not as smooth as the Evo 8 and the Subaru SM4 boards. i really think he rushed this one, as the intrepolation seems lathargis. Cant describe any more - its a feel while in the cars and on the dyno.
I think I know what your ECU problem is. PM me and see if we can fix it. This may also explain some things https://www.evolutionm.net/forums/sh...1&postcount=49
Originally Posted by fatbastard
PS. fwiw, I received news that there will be a SM4 based PnP for EVO5-7 & USDM8 in the near future.
I checked this today and I think there may be a difference between your source's definition of near and everyone elses
Old Apr 6, 2007, 11:54 PM
Evolved Member

I have a Evo IX PnP Autronic EMS for sale if you are interested . PM ME.
Old Apr 7, 2007, 11:08 AM
Evolving Member

Well im smiling again and its thanks to all the help recieved from "quadcam". Its a real pleasure dealing with someone who "really knows" what they doing.

Many thanks for sorting me out.

A
Old Apr 9, 2007, 02:05 AM
Evolved Member

glad you came right POP!!!
you gonna have to help me with mine!

Quick Reply: Autronic PnP board for Evo IX?