Notices
General Engine Management / Tuning Forum Discuss general EMS tuning concepts that do not pertain to a specfic brand or product.

A new PowerFC?

Search this Thread

Old Oct 24, 2005, 05:45 PM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I tuned a PowerFC car recently, and I must say it fills a certain use quite well. The software is rock solid, no bugs, nothing. Everything just works.

My main grips are the somewhat arbitrary labeling of the X/Y axis on the maps, and the lack of knock feedback. But definitely a good unit, especially for the money. It doesn't have some of the advanced features of other EMSes, but if you don't need any of that, its a very good unit.

You can go above 30psi on the unit with a 3.5bar/5bar map sensor, you just need to rescale the tables in the setting menu to calibrate for the new sensor. Its a little counter-intuitive and not quite as straight forward as an AEM but still doable.

Last edited by racegate; Oct 24, 2005 at 05:48 PM.
Old Oct 24, 2005, 06:20 PM
Evolved Member

Actually you can run 4 or 5 bar map sensor on the Power FC if you so desire. You have to wire it into the Apexi harness and then redo the offset and PIM levels on the unit. I've done it before as have many rotary guys and it works well. I do find it unusual that APexi doesn't offer their own 4 or 5 bar map sensor though. It's a fantastic unit and for most street guys more than enough. AEM is great too but can be a handful for the novice guy and is overkill for many.
Old Oct 24, 2005, 06:25 PM
Evolved Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by Guru
Actually you can run 4 or 5 bar map sensor on the Power FC if you so desire. You have to wire it into the Apexi harness and then redo the offset and PIM levels on the unit. I've done it before as have many rotary guys and it works well. I do find it unusual that APexi doesn't offer their own 4 or 5 bar map sensor though. It's a fantastic unit and for most street guys more than enough. AEM is great too but can be a handful for the novice guy and is overkill for many.

Working late tonite Dan??

Thanks for the email I will consider your Alky Inj kit....

Charlee
Old Oct 25, 2005, 02:41 PM
Evolved Member

I'm ALWAYS working late. I never work less than 80 hours a week. Sometimes way more.