Notices
General Engine Management / Tuning Forum Discuss general EMS tuning concepts that do not pertain to a specfic brand or product.

A new PowerFC?

Search this Thread

Old Oct 18, 2005, 01:35 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Exclamation A new PowerFC?

I've been hearing rumours that A'PEXi have created a totally new PowerFC which is due for release within the next 2-3 months, but its no longer under the A'PEXi brand name (apparently they've sold much of their business off due to being on the verge of bankruptcy).

Does anyone know what this new PowerFC is? I've been trying to find information on it all over the web, and haven't had much luck. Surely those of you people who are official distributors of the PowerFC should know of this news!
Old Oct 18, 2005, 04:26 AM
Evolved Member

Received 32 Likes on 14 Posts
I just went through Power FC Pro training last week. The guy from Apex did not say a word about a new unit coming out, if it is true I don't know about it.

The current unit is very good. I am talking/working with the engineers now trying to have them make some changes for the EVO to make it even better.

David Buschur
www.buschurracing.com
Old Oct 18, 2005, 08:30 AM
Former Sponsor

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by turbopanda
I've been hearing rumours that A'PEXi have created a totally new PowerFC which is due for release within the next 2-3 months, but its no longer under the A'PEXi brand name (apparently they've sold much of their business off due to being on the verge of bankruptcy).

Does anyone know what this new PowerFC is? I've been trying to find information on it all over the web, and haven't had much luck. Surely those of you people who are official distributors of the PowerFC should know of this news!
not exactly sure but we'll be going to SEMA in 2 weeks so we'll see anything new Apexi has planned and post up
Old Oct 19, 2005, 06:03 PM
Evolved Member

It is not a new PowerFC, but a new piggy back system called P-NBC.
Old Oct 19, 2005, 10:10 PM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Yea what jj said.

I doubt Apex'i is near bankruptcy.
Old Oct 20, 2005, 06:03 AM
Evolved Member

We are working with the guys over Apexi right now for some changes in the Power FC system. Hopefully something comes of it and we can see some added features and such.

Wide band, higher boost mapping and the addition of knock control is what we are working on.

David Buschur
www.buschurracing.com
Old Oct 20, 2005, 10:27 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by davidbuschur
We are working with the guys over Apexi right now for some changes in the Power FC system. Hopefully something comes of it and we can see some added features and such.

Wide band, higher boost mapping and the addition of knock control is what we are working on.

David Buschur
www.buschurracing.com
whats your ETA for the updated verson of the power FC?

what are your thoughts on the Power FC vs. AEM EMS??
Old Oct 20, 2005, 12:15 PM
Evolved Member

No idea on updated versions, I probably shouldn't have even said anything to be honest. I explained to Apexi there are some things I would like to see changed, which would make the units easier to sell. They agreed to work on making the changes and are doing this.

Not sure how long it may take or if it will happen. I feel any updates made should be easily changeable later down the road on a unit you already have.

The AEM EMS vs. the Apexi Power FC. Hmm, there are tons of differences between the two units. Cost is less than half for Power FC and depending on the boost levels you want to run will work for just about anyone. Actually the FC only maps to 30 psi with the standard map sensor but we ran our car up to almost 40 psi, you just tune it from the last load cell. This isn't even an issue for 99.9% of people.

David Buschur
www.buschurracing.com
Old Oct 20, 2005, 12:31 PM
Evolved Member

No idea on updated versions, I probably shouldn't have even said anything to be honest. I explained to Apexi there are some things I would like to see changed, which would make the units easier to sell. They agreed to work on making the changes and are doing this.

Not sure how long it may take or if it will happen. I feel any updates made should be easily changeable later down the road on a unit you already have.

The AEM EMS vs. the Apexi Power FC. Hmm, there are tons of differences between the two units. Cost is less than half for Power FC and depending on the boost levels you want to run will work for just about anyone. Actually the FC only maps to 30 psi with the standard map sensor but we ran our car up to almost 40 psi, you just tune it from the last load cell. This isn't even an issue for 99.9% of people.

David Buschur
www.buschurracing.com

thanks Dave for the response.... someone also told me I should look at the Turbo XS UTEC as well... too many choices here on my plate...
Old Oct 20, 2005, 03:53 PM
Evolved Member

Good luck on the knock control...I know that several car communities have asked for this for quite awhile. If it had the ability to pull timing on its own, it would be a great selling point. However, if you just run straight 100 octane gas all the time, problem solved
Old Oct 20, 2005, 08:29 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by Karash
Good luck on the knock control...I know that several car communities have asked for this for quite awhile. If it had the ability to pull timing on its own, it would be a great selling point. However, if you just run straight 100 octane gas all the time, problem solved
straight 100 or 93-94 + alchy injection???
Old Oct 20, 2005, 11:21 PM
Evolved Member

101 near where i live at the pump
Old Oct 21, 2005, 09:09 PM

well if it doesnt work out for the knock situation you can always use a j&s safeguard if your that worried.
Old Oct 24, 2005, 07:36 AM
Evolved Member

Running 100 octane all the time isn't feasible for most guys, including myself. Running 100 octane doesn't gaurantee anything either to be honest. You still have to keep the tune on the safe side, if I ran 100 octane I would have it wicked up as high as I could, which takes you right back to where we started

David Buschur
www.buschurracing.com
Old Oct 24, 2005, 07:38 AM
Evolved Member

Running 100 octane all the time isn't feasible for most guys, including myself. Running 100 octane doesn't gaurantee anything either to be honest. You still have to keep the tune on the safe side, if I ran 100 octane I would have it wicked up as high as I could, which takes you right back to where we started

David Buschur
www.buschurracing.com
funny but true.

Quick Reply: A new PowerFC?