Notices
General Engine Management / Tuning Forum Discuss general EMS tuning concepts that do not pertain to a specfic brand or product.
View Poll Results: Alky/Meth option
Yes
100.00%
No
0%
Voters: 17. You may not vote on this poll

Alky/Meth Option for ECU+

Search this Thread

Old Oct 21, 2005, 05:50 AM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Alky/Meth Option for ECU+

How many would be interested in Tom implementing a tab to control a alky/meth kit similar to how AEM does?
Old Oct 21, 2005, 06:00 AM
Evolving Member

I made another thread at the same time. So maybe we can use that to hammer out the details and keep this one for the demand.

+1 for alky support
Old Oct 21, 2005, 06:06 AM
Evolved Member

bump
Old Oct 21, 2005, 06:46 AM
Evolved Member

I really don't think anyone is going to reply with "no". Espically since its a software mod and not a hardware.

I plan to use alky as a means to ring out every last ounce of power from my setup but that is going to be the last mod I put on the car... after everything else is completed then and only then will I turn up the boost and use alky. So do I think its a worth while addition, yes.

Man this stuff just keeps getting better and better .

Are there any plans to add no lift shifting and launch control?
Old Oct 21, 2005, 08:20 AM
Evolved Member

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts
I already have and running the SMC injection kit (pure Methanol) with the controller box that came iwth it. If Tom can make the ECUplus control it it would be icing on the cake for me. Taht would save me at least half a pound of weight! :P
Go TOm GO! Let me know if you need a tester. hehe
Old Oct 21, 2005, 11:39 AM
Account Disabled

+1
Old Oct 22, 2005, 02:47 AM
Evolved Member

As I posted in the other thread ALKY/METH compatibility is great, but to make it specific to one brand of system would be very limiting. Not everyone runs the same kit. I know of a few people that run the SMC, some folks run the cooling mist etc etc etc. Handcuffing the folks who dont run one specific brand seems counter productive.

Just my 1.896 cents
Old Oct 22, 2005, 07:21 AM
Evolving Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by BADEVO
As I posted in the other thread ALKY/METH compatibility is great, but to make it specific to one brand of system would be very limiting. Not everyone runs the same kit. I know of a few people that run the SMC, some folks run the cooling mist etc etc etc. Handcuffing the folks who dont run one specific brand seems counter productive.

Just my 1.896 cents
If folks can post information about what systems they run, and exactly what the ECU+ would need to do to support that system, then it'd make it a lot more likely that I'd support your system. What Ivan is suggesting (for the SMC kit) is essentially a group of overlaid fuel and timing maps which are activated by a digital control voltage. That's only SMC-specific in that the SMC controller box can be rigged to generate a control voltage, and any system I'd support would need some way of telling the ECU+ that it's on. So if we could get a concensus as to how to do this function for a number of systems, I'm all for it.

Tom
Old Oct 23, 2005, 05:41 PM
Evolved Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
I just sold my Eclipse, but I used the Aquamist FIA2/HSV for the meth/water injection control. What this does is mirror the inecjtor pulses and pulses the high speed solenoid the same way, so that you have a constant fuel to injection ratio.

Is there a way for you to write some code that will enable one of the outputs of the ECU+ to mirror the injector firing of one cylinder? That would be very nice as then people could simply buy the HSV from Aquamist and have a true progressive system.

Eric

P.S. Also, the way DSMLink lets you control WI is to use the line from the FPR solenoid. You can control that line via parameters like RPM, knock, etc.
Old Oct 23, 2005, 06:43 PM
Evolving Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by l2r99gst
Is there a way for you to write some code that will enable one of the outputs of the ECU+ to mirror the injector firing of one cylinder? That would be very nice as then people could simply buy the HSV from Aquamist and have a true progressive system.
That'd be pretty simple, code-wise. Is it just signals levels (and the desire to not mess up the signal) that keeps you from using the injector signals directly?

Tom
Old Oct 24, 2005, 06:36 AM
Evolved Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Originally Posted by tlcoll1
That'd be pretty simple, code-wise. Is it just signals levels (and the desire to not mess up the signal) that keeps you from using the injector signals directly?

Tom
Tom,

I'm guessing that your assumption is correct, but Aquamist has a whole separate controller called the FIA2 which uses the injector signal as an input and then drives the HSV. So, I would assume it's a signaling issue, but I have never looked into is, so don't quote me on anything.

Eric