Notices
General Engine Management / Tuning Forum Discuss general EMS tuning concepts that do not pertain to a specfic brand or product.

welcome to the maftpro forum

Search this Thread

Old Nov 7, 2005, 08:04 AM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
welcome to the maftpro forum

Good job joey on asking for this, and thanks Ali for letting us have this forum.
Old Nov 7, 2005, 08:58 AM
EvoM Guru

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts
Wahoo! Now I just gotta get one..
Old Nov 7, 2005, 09:02 AM
Evolved Member

Jack send me your e-mail address
Old Nov 7, 2005, 11:11 AM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
does MAFT PRO control timing ?
Old Nov 7, 2005, 11:20 AM
Evolved Member

not right now but the rumor mill has it that it will in the future
Old Nov 7, 2005, 11:22 AM
Evolved Member

At least you could use your Xede to do the timing I would imagine. Quick question guys, Doesn't the UTEC trick the ECU with the fuel etc which the ecu uses the MAF to know when the add and subtract fuel? So if you throw away your MAF how does it know what to do? Or does the MAP sensor and Speeddensity harness mixed with the Temp sensor harness replace that to tell the ecu what fuel to add?
Old Nov 7, 2005, 11:29 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by Nesiop
Doesn't the UTEC trick the ECU with the fuel etc which the ecu uses the MAF to know when the add and subtract fuel? So if you throw away your MAF how does it know what to do? Or does the MAP sensor and Speeddensity harness mixed with the Temp sensor harness replace that to tell the ecu what fuel to add?

Your correct in that part, the UTEC sees the incoming Hz from the maf and converts it to a new value depending on your fuel map
Old Nov 7, 2005, 11:32 AM
Evolved Member

So then.... If I get the MAFT with Speed Density do I need to do all the tuning on the MAFT? Cause I plan on keeping the UTEC for more flexibility on the tuning, amount of maps and no need for a flash if I need to change my Rev limiter and such. Also when they finally add Anti Lag and 2 step launch control.
Old Nov 7, 2005, 11:45 AM
Evolved Member

Nice job getting this forum.
Old Nov 7, 2005, 11:55 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by Nesiop
So then.... If I get the MAFT with Speed Density do I need to do all the tuning on the MAFT? Cause I plan on keeping the UTEC for more flexibility on the tuning, amount of maps and no need for a flash if I need to change my Rev limiter and such. Also when they finally add Anti Lag and 2 step launch control.

I ran around for 3-4 days with the utec still controlling the fueling and timing, the only thing the maft was doing is making a calculation for speed density
Old Nov 7, 2005, 12:02 PM
Evolved Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
this is very interesting. I had a blow-thru setup on my 95 eclipse. I will have to watch this and see how it develops on the EVO..
Old Nov 7, 2005, 12:08 PM
Evolved Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
cool new forum!!
Old Nov 7, 2005, 01:09 PM
Evolved Member

So then the UTEC reads the MAFT as if it was the MAF to control the timing and fuel?
Old Nov 11, 2005, 09:42 AM
Account Disabled

Joey can probably discuss whether there are any remaining benefits left from the UTEC after using a MAFT.
Old Nov 11, 2005, 09:56 AM
Account Disabled

Many have asked me about the MAFTPro. Our replacement MAFTPro is in, installed and we've spent the last 2 days (well about a total of 1.5hrs actual drive time)working through the remaining daily driving bugs. Driveability is greatly improved now and pump gas tune is completed.

All that is left is an AUX trigger tune for high boost, leaner a/f, and meth with the flip of a switch! It's gonna be great.

Anyone interested in the unit, please PM me so I can describe how much there is to this unit. The software is amazing!

Some of the features:
Electronic Boost Control
AFR tuning
AFR autotune tracking
Someone wants a piece of you at a traffic light? Two maps with a flip of the switch for meth or racefuel. Flip the switch, gain 30-40whp instantly!
Timing control (it's being added shortly- free updates)
Maximum MAF HZ set (go from 16g to GT35R on stock ecu, no problem)
Retain factory knock control and retard! Important safety feature.
No MAF sensor! (More intake and IC pipe configuration options)
VTA BOV! (Psshhhht! )
Much more....

We are confident enough with the unit now to begin taking orders and setting tuning sessions for those in the southeast. We wanted to make sure that this unit would work well before just whoring them out to make sales which is not what we are about.
I have another portable wideband coming in for tuning SAFC's also for those that need it. I will be providing free software and a tune file with each session from here forward for the customer's own records and review. There is an example in the pic attached above. This is more than most tuners do.

Keep in mind that the MaftPro also has logging capabilities up to 26 parameters at a nice sampling rate as well. Until they update it into more user friendly format, we will continue to provide customers with a separate tune log if they are using a zeitronix unit or have another O2 bung available for ours. It is a lot easier to read and review with the scroll function using our free log.

Quick Reply: welcome to the maftpro forum