Notices
General Engine Management / Tuning Forum Discuss general EMS tuning concepts that do not pertain to a specfic brand or product.

Tunerpro rt software

Search this Thread

Old Nov 7, 2005, 01:39 PM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Tunerpro rt software

How is this set-up with the .bin and .xdf files. In the program there is only tpro4200.bin and Tpro4200.xdf files. Will I need to modify these files or creat new ones? I really like to use this as a logger until I can get my hands on an emulator.
Old Nov 7, 2005, 02:25 PM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I will be posting some walkthru's here and on fullthrottletech on this and other tuning procedures.

Anyway, The XDF is the definition file that tells tunerpro how to display the tuning variables, and where to store them in the BIN file.

The BIN file is your tune. When you edit in tunerpro, you are making changes in the BIN file (don't forget to save). Then you upload the new bin to the Translator.
"Emulating" is a mode that makes the change in the bin and uploads the change automatically. This is an advanced tuning mode.

The ADS file is the ALDL (logging) definition file and tells tunerpro how to talk to the Translator Pro, and how to display the response. When logging, Tunerpro writes the data to ADL files. You select the filename (or give it a new one) and each "log" is written to a "session" in the ADL file.

Bob
Old Nov 7, 2005, 03:50 PM
Evolved Member

Ah, gotcha. I finally figured out how to log. I guess I was missing a file so I reinstalled the program and it works.
Old Nov 7, 2005, 04:41 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by TurboBob
I will be posting some walkthru's here and on fullthrottletech on this and other tuning procedures.

Anyway, The XDF is the definition file that tells tunerpro how to display the tuning variables, and where to store them in the BIN file.

The BIN file is your tune. When you edit in tunerpro, you are making changes in the BIN file (don't forget to save). Then you upload the new bin to the Translator.
"Emulating" is a mode that makes the change in the bin and uploads the change automatically. This is an advanced tuning mode.

The ADS file is the ALDL (logging) definition file and tells tunerpro how to talk to the Translator Pro, and how to display the response. When logging, Tunerpro writes the data to ADL files. You select the filename (or give it a new one) and each "log" is written to a "session" in the ADL file.

Bob

Alright in tunerpro I set all of my settings that were in the maftpro and put them into my bin file and saved. Im assuming that in the VE table it's done in x and y axis are kpa and rpm correct? And the numbers in the table are the calculaed VE which in turn will give the "MAF" reading, right? It seems that this is sort of set up like the AEM a little bit.
Old Nov 7, 2005, 05:44 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by dryad001
Alright in tunerpro I set all of my settings that were in the maftpro and put them into my bin file and saved. Im assuming that in the VE table it's done in x and y axis are kpa and rpm correct? And the numbers in the table are the calculaed VE which in turn will give the "MAF" reading, right? It seems that this is sort of set up like the AEM a little bit.
The configuration is similar to all true speed density controllers. DFI Gen7, FAST, AEM, etc.....

You are correct, the table axes are KPA and RPM. Speed density is essentially the mass of air molecules that should be pumped thru the engine * its actual efficiency.

In the documentation that came with the pro there is a short description of the speed density algorithm.

Bob
Old Nov 7, 2005, 07:33 PM
Evolved Member

Well I just got back from tuning (thanks Nez136 for driving) and I got all of the low mid and most og the hi throttle done. I started playing with the afr tracking but I have to wait for ams to start flashing cars, because the utec is coming out.

Is there a way to upload from the maftpro into a new .bin file?
Old Nov 7, 2005, 08:13 PM
Evolving Member

Remember.......

You UPLOAD TO the maft, and DOWNLOAD FROM the maft......
Future version of Tunerpro will have an "Are you Sure" screen, but for now be sure of what you're clicking.

if your tune is good, you can download it into tunerpro, and do a Save As to a new .BIN file.

You can then post, email, share the .BIN

Bob
Old Nov 7, 2005, 09:13 PM
Evolved Member

Stupid question is that the "emulator" is the maft? If so, Im pretty sure I can get the rest of the tuning down and start making different .bin files for 93 low boost, and 93/meth on high boost and a race gas map. Im really starting to like this software.

Last edited by dryad001; Nov 7, 2005 at 09:17 PM.
Old Nov 7, 2005, 09:20 PM
Evolving Member

yes, that's tunerpro showing its roots (chip tuning via Eprom Emulator)

TunerPro considers the MAFT to be an emulator.

Bob
Old Nov 7, 2005, 09:22 PM
Evolved Member

alright this makes a whole lot of sense now. One more day off of work to get a good tune going.
Old Jul 5, 2008, 07:13 AM
Evolving Member

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts
Hi I need a good XDF file and Bin file for Tunerpro RT to my Evo 3 JDM...