Notices
General Engine Management / Tuning Forum Discuss general EMS tuning concepts that do not pertain to a specfic brand or product.

MAFT Pro Info and clarification

Search this Thread

Old Dec 15, 2005, 05:47 PM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
yes.
Old Dec 16, 2005, 10:16 PM
Account Disabled

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
We are currently working on a TTP reflash combo to be used with the MAFTPro. We will be bringing open loop fuel control available much earlier in the load and rpm range. We will be testing this out in the next week. It is my premonition that the MAFTPro will become a near standalone once we open up the ECU to take the MAFTPro's commands earlier, which will soon be TIMING CONTROL.

IN THE MEANTIME, WE CAN START WITH THE:
2003-2005 EVOLUTION LAUNCH LIMITER NOW AVAILABLE! Woohoo!

www.ttp-engineering.com/store Check it out!

Select your standing still launch control stutterbox at 4500-7250rpms and build 10psi boost off the line!
Old Dec 17, 2005, 05:07 AM
Evolved Member

thats awesome, this is looking better and better all the time.

what is the status of the timing control feature?

do you have any plans to try and install a NLS feature?

also I asked this before but didn't get a response; what type of knock monitoring/control does the MAFTpro have?
Old Dec 17, 2005, 09:33 AM
Account Disabled

Still in the works. I don't think that large of gains are to be had from the feature. Honestly it is a way for an inexperienced user to screw something up. Just as you remove fuel with a safc, you will see increased timing and vise versa on the timing with upward fueling changes.

At this point we do have an ECU reflash that will program the timing numbers, launch control and allows the MAFTPro to take over earlier in the load maps.
Old Dec 17, 2005, 10:40 AM
Evolving Member

does the electronic boost control automatically change along with a change in a map, say if i change from a track map (high boost) to street map (low boost) will the boost control automatically change, would like to hear an offical response from ttp
Old Dec 17, 2005, 03:14 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by TTP Engineering
Still in the works. I don't think that large of gains are to be had from the feature. Honestly it is a way for an inexperienced user to screw something up. Just as you remove fuel with a safc, you will see increased timing and vise versa on the timing with upward fueling changes.

At this point we do have an ECU reflash that will program the timing numbers, launch control and allows the MAFTPro to take over earlier in the load maps.
I just want to make sure I understand what your saying here. Basically it will still use the stock ECU timing maps (unless we get the flash like you mentioned) and you will not be able to "dial in" the timing for a specific load/RPM... is that correct?

Also what about the KNOCK control/monitoring???
Old Dec 17, 2005, 03:53 PM
Evolved Member

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts
dude... it's a piggyback... is your factory knock control good enough? it pulls timing and throws fuel and will fuel cut and spark cut... between the zeitronix and the maf t pro you already have knock logging.
Old Dec 17, 2005, 06:18 PM
Evolving Member

any news on the evo 9 pnp ?
Old Dec 17, 2005, 08:30 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by trinydex
dude... it's a piggyback... is your factory knock control good enough? it pulls timing and throws fuel and will fuel cut and spark cut... between the zeitronix and the maf t pro you already have knock logging.
thanks for the info... but can you SEE when your knocking??? that is the main point I'm trying to find out.
Old Dec 18, 2005, 02:30 AM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
No the mafpro rightnow will not log knock. I asked this about a month ago and I think this is on Bob's long list of things to do.
Old Dec 18, 2005, 07:53 PM
Account Disabled

Originally Posted by ballistic speed
does the electronic boost control automatically change along with a change in a map, say if i change from a track map (high boost) to street map (low boost) will the boost control automatically change, would like to hear an offical response from ttp
Yes, boost changes with the map switch. It's OFFICIAL.
Old Dec 21, 2005, 11:33 AM
Evolving Member

what are the effects if i were to install maft pro MAP, on top of my already flashed ecu? with a base map loaded will it cancell out the flash?
Old Dec 21, 2005, 11:45 AM
Account Disabled

It works with the flash, not replaces it. Depending on what was done in the flash, it could be helpful to have both and make it easier to tune. The programming is contained within the MAFTPro control box, not the factory ECU.
Old Dec 30, 2005, 07:56 AM
Evolving Member

HI, any info on the evo 9 pnp harness and what size is the Gm ait ? is it 3/8" NPT ?
Old Dec 30, 2005, 08:14 PM
Account Disabled

Originally Posted by hukster00
HI, any info on the evo 9 pnp harness and what size is the Gm ait ? is it 3/8" NPT ?
Yes, 3/8" NPT, but have not confirmed fitment on the IX yet. Should have some info soon.

Quick Reply: MAFT Pro Info and clarification