Notices
General Engine Management / Tuning Forum Discuss general EMS tuning concepts that do not pertain to a specfic brand or product.

WORKS Brain Flash P2

Search this Thread

Old Apr 17, 2007, 11:24 PM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Hey guys,i bought my 03 Evo with a P2 flash already,what do i need to do to get it changed over to my name for retuning,i just recently got new mods(turboback with test pipe,intake,recirc bov,intercooler with all the hard pipes and MBC)and would like a retune from Works,and also how much will this cost????the previous owner told me i might have to pay to get it changed over to my name.

Last edited by SOEuro; Apr 18, 2007 at 02:16 AM.
Old Apr 18, 2007, 12:35 PM
Account Disabled

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by SOEuro
Hey guys,i bought my 03 Evo with a P2 flash already,what do i need to do to get it changed over to my name for retuning,i just recently got new mods(turboback with test pipe,intake,recirc bov,intercooler with all the hard pipes and MBC)and would like a retune from Works,and also how much will this cost????the previous owner told me i might have to pay to get it changed over to my name.

You have PM.
Old Jul 17, 2007, 09:22 AM
Evolving Member

I just got an EVO IX. I'm wondering what the HP gain is on getting the P2 Flash alone. I did some searching but no one seems to try and answer this question. Vishnu gives their number to be 110 flywheel HP. What is WORKS?
Old Aug 11, 2007, 07:08 PM
Evolving Member

btw, are u guys gonna be at the MOD '07 in Illinois to do flashes?
Old Jun 29, 2010, 11:39 AM

Originally Posted by kirk@WORKS
WORKS was the very first EVO tuner in the U.S. to reflash the factory ECU. Our Software Engineers have been disassembling U.S. EVO VIII code since April '03 and have software control unparalled in the industry. Nothing comes close to the plug-and-play performance and reliability of the WORKS Brain Flash series.

The Brain Flash P2 represents an upgrade to the Brain Flash P1 by increasing and holding the factory peak boost level. This WORKS flash is very unique in that NO other flash on the market can properly control boost internally through the factory ECU! The P2 provides addictive acceleration by eliminating the factory boost taper in the higher rpms. By eliminating this boost drop-off, the total area under the torque and horsepower curve is enhanced and the car responds with increased urgency as the power band winds up.
WORKS' Engineers spent many months analyzing the stock boost control system. Then improved upon the factory design to bring you a true peak and hold system. There is no bypassing the wastegate solenoid with a questionable bleeder emulator, no attempt at fooling the ECU logic, and no manual boost controller (changes with weather and tapers) nor electronic boost controller is necessary! This proprietary system represents a tried and true reliable design which takes the safe factory system one step further. With the unique WORKS Boost Hose Assembly (which appears identical to stock), we are able to modify the wastegate solenoid ECU maps. WORKS has total boost control. We can raise, lower, make a sine wave, or even have the boost taper upwards all through the factory ECU! Of course the P2 upgrade involves a comprehensive performance ECU remapping of the air/fuel ratios and ignition timing to compliment the rock-solid peak boost. Expect peak gains in the mid 20s with total area under the power curve increasing by 10%-20%. U.S. EVOs do not have a top speed limiter to remove but we have raised the RPM limit to 7800 and the P2R version available in the WRP (WORKS Racing Program) raises the launch control RPM limit at no extra charge.

The ECU can be reprogrammed back to stock if necessary and, of course, is backed by our Factory-Matched Warranty.

*Custom tuning is also available. From just one gear at Wide Open Throttle all the way to multiple gears at various throttle positions. Please call for details.

Application: '03-'05 EVO VIII including RS and MR. EVO V-VII coming soon. Please specify fuel octane and all modifications when ordering.

http://www.worksevo.com/store/produc...products_id=50

Hey Works guys,

Gotta couple of quick questions for you.

1) I bought an 08 MR from a guy who had the P2 Brain Flash done sometime in 2007 or 2008. Any idea why I am fouling plugs? Is it possible that I need to have it reflashed?

2) If a reflash is needed, what does that cost since i'm not the original buyer of the brain flash? Is it something that I can do or that must be done by a pro shop? Are there updates available that I may need to get? How would I get those?

I like the flash as it's a definite improvement over the factory tune and it pulls mega hard, but I just need to make sure that it's properly tuned and that i'm not missing any updates to the tune since it was first applied, etc. I'm also running 269 Works Cams with titanium valves and retainers and a Works Air Filter. Let me know if you need any more information. I'm happy to give you what I know. Thanks!

Nick
Old Jun 29, 2010, 11:58 AM
Evolving Member

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Wow!! Back from the dead!
Old Jun 30, 2010, 10:03 AM

Originally Posted by wazzelby
Wow!! Back from the dead!

Yup, only 3 years later. lol. you think they even check this anymore?