Notices
General Engine Management / Tuning Forum Discuss general EMS tuning concepts that do not pertain to a specfic brand or product.

WORKS Brain Flash P2

Search this Thread

Old Nov 19, 2005, 02:45 PM
Account Disabled

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
WORKS Brain Flash P2

WORKS was the very first EVO tuner in the U.S. to reflash the factory ECU. Our Software Engineers have been disassembling U.S. EVO VIII code since April '03 and have software control unparalled in the industry. Nothing comes close to the plug-and-play performance and reliability of the WORKS Brain Flash series.

The Brain Flash P2 represents an upgrade to the Brain Flash P1 by increasing and holding the factory peak boost level. This WORKS flash is very unique in that NO other flash on the market can properly control boost internally through the factory ECU! The P2 provides addictive acceleration by eliminating the factory boost taper in the higher rpms. By eliminating this boost drop-off, the total area under the torque and horsepower curve is enhanced and the car responds with increased urgency as the power band winds up.
WORKS' Engineers spent many months analyzing the stock boost control system. Then improved upon the factory design to bring you a true peak and hold system. There is no bypassing the wastegate solenoid with a questionable bleeder emulator, no attempt at fooling the ECU logic, and no manual boost controller (changes with weather and tapers) nor electronic boost controller is necessary! This proprietary system represents a tried and true reliable design which takes the safe factory system one step further. With the unique WORKS Boost Hose Assembly (which appears identical to stock), we are able to modify the wastegate solenoid ECU maps. WORKS has total boost control. We can raise, lower, make a sine wave, or even have the boost taper upwards all through the factory ECU! Of course the P2 upgrade involves a comprehensive performance ECU remapping of the air/fuel ratios and ignition timing to compliment the rock-solid peak boost. Expect peak gains in the mid 20s with total area under the power curve increasing by 10%-20%. U.S. EVOs do not have a top speed limiter to remove but we have raised the RPM limit to 7800 and the P2R version available in the WRP (WORKS Racing Program) raises the launch control RPM limit at no extra charge.

The ECU can be reprogrammed back to stock if necessary and, of course, is backed by our Factory-Matched Warranty.

*Custom tuning is also available. From just one gear at Wide Open Throttle all the way to multiple gears at various throttle positions. Please call for details.

Application: '03-'05 EVO VIII including RS and MR. EVO V-VII coming soon. Please specify fuel octane and all modifications when ordering.

http://www.worksevo.com/store/produc...products_id=50
Old Nov 19, 2005, 03:00 PM

What about a flash for the Evo IX ?
Old Nov 19, 2005, 03:20 PM
Account Disabled

EVO IX complete product line available now.

Currently, WORKS has a complete product line for the Evo IX right now and we are tuning customer IX's as we speak. We were the first tuner in the Western Hemisphere to receive a IX ECU for R'nD in July 2005 and we are pleased to announce that the WORKS P2 Brainflash for the IX- Mivec is now available.
Engine, Suspension, Drivetrain, Brakes and other systems are shared with the Evo VIII and are also available now.

The WORKS P2 advantage is that we reflash your ECU for free as you follow the WORKS upgrade path. As the first North American tuner to flash the factory ECU in April 2003, while others used dated '80's piggyback technology, our engineers are able to custom tune your ECU for every modification. We currently have over 400 in-house maps for instant flashes.We are not limited to a certain # of pre-determined maps and licensing fees for each upgrade but can custom tune for all your needs.

In addition, we offer a factory matched warranty unmatched in the industry.
Several Evo owners at Mitsubishi Motors Research & Development in Cypress CA use WORKS products for it's OEM fitment & quality, shouldn't you....

With over 25 years of licensed SAE experience, choose licensed engineers, choose WORKS!
Old Nov 19, 2005, 08:05 PM

Is there a web page in your store about the Evo IX flash, I'm not seeing it.

If I tell you what modifications I made, such as a 3" exhaust, can you supply a flashed ECU to suit, I assume each car does not need to be tuned individually.

My Evo 9 cannot accelerate strongly until the engine is fully warned up - either due to an ECU restriction of some kind or maybe a lean mixture as standard, and this can be a bit of a pain, so does your ECU flash correct that problem.

Lastly my Evo 9 came direct from Japan - does that make a difference or can you flash that too ?
Old Nov 20, 2005, 04:13 AM
Account Disabled

Our webstore should be up to date now. We can supply a flash that suits your needs. Depending on what modifications you have and from what manufacturer(s) will dictate whether or not a custome tune may be beneficial. WORKS components always have a flash ready to go if called for and are designed to compliment our other items.

Mixing and matching from different manufacturers introduces a hodgepodge of tuning philosophies that may or may not mesh together.

The lack of acceleration with a cold engine could be a safety feature that you are referring to to help keep reliability intact. If so, that's not something we would be comfortable trying to override as it is there for a purpose.

Yes, the Japanese spec ECU is different, but it is something we can flash.
Old Nov 29, 2005, 02:35 PM

What kind of HP are you guys seeing at the wheels for a stock IX with the P2 flash?

Last edited by MrSpeedDemon; Nov 29, 2005 at 02:43 PM.
Old Dec 9, 2005, 02:58 PM

Just had my Works p2 flash done and mad props to Works. My car feels like a beast now when it pulls. Thanks for the service excellence Oliver and Pete at Works.
Old Dec 10, 2005, 09:51 AM

Originally Posted by hphan
Just had my Works p2 flash done and mad props to Works. My car feels like a beast now when it pulls. Thanks for the service excellence Oliver and Pete at Works.
Damn, can't wait till I send mine out,......nice avatar too by the way
Old Dec 23, 2005, 09:08 AM

Originally Posted by hphan
Me too, props to WORKS.
Old Dec 23, 2005, 10:11 AM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by MrSpeedDemon
What kind of HP are you guys seeing at the wheels for a stock IX with the P2 flash?
dot
Old Mar 16, 2006, 04:02 PM
Evolved Member

I spoke with Oliver yesterday about the P2- great customer service btw!!!!! I plan on picking up the P2 in the next few weeks- had 2 quick questions I forgot to ask on the phone...
1) how much for a reflash (if I make any mods and need the flash updated)?
2) do you do any different flash for the Walbro 255 L/hr fuel pump versus stock pump on a car that has only TBE and drop-in filter (stock turbo, injectors, etc.)? If so would it run rich if I added the pump after the flash?

thanks in advance!
Old Mar 21, 2006, 03:14 PM
Account Disabled

The reflash is free to original Brain Flash owners if you purchase the product from us.
The fuel pump does call for changes to the flash. It's not something we usually change until later down the modification route (i.e. in conjunction with the turbo).
Old Aug 27, 2006, 09:55 PM

Jamie, I have the P2R flash and DP, HFC, Cat-Back exhaust and want to get the 269 cams/springs retainers. What happens when I need to pass smog? If I change my cams back to stock cams can u flash me back to stock for smog and then back to P2R when I'm done free of charge?
Old Aug 27, 2006, 09:58 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by SpinOne05
Jamie, I have the P2R flash and DP, HFC, Cat-Back exhaust and want to get the 269 cams/springs retainers. What happens when I need to pass smog? If I change my cams back to stock cams can u flash me back to stock for smog and then back to P2R when I'm done free of charge?
i thought we can pass smog with the 269 cams? i guess ill wait for an answer too!!!
Old Aug 28, 2006, 01:25 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by Rallyman
Is there a web page in your store about the Evo IX flash, I'm not seeing it.

If I tell you what modifications I made, such as a 3" exhaust, can you supply a flashed ECU to suit, I assume each car does not need to be tuned individually.

My Evo 9 cannot accelerate strongly until the engine is fully warned up - either due to an ECU restriction of some kind or maybe a lean mixture as standard, and this can be a bit of a pain, so does your ECU flash correct that problem.

Lastly my Evo 9 came direct from Japan - does that make a difference or can you flash that too ?

The car does not accelerate until it is warmed probably because the same as a vtec engine.. The mivec probably runs on oil pressure and needs to be a certain temp for that to operate.

Quick Reply: WORKS Brain Flash P2