Notices
General Engine Management / Tuning Forum Discuss general EMS tuning concepts that do not pertain to a specfic brand or product.

Any XEDE Converts??????? Some questions....

Search this Thread

Old Jan 11, 2006, 03:51 PM
Evolving Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by SEEYA
awesome, with the ecu+, are you datalogging A/F from the WB with the ecu+ software, or the innovate software?
The former. The ECU+ has an analog input that can be used to display some random 0-5v signal, or you plug in one of a number of widebands, flip a (software) switch, and it reads out AFR.

Tom
Old Jan 11, 2006, 03:55 PM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
sweet, that is the answer i was looking for, thanks tom...as soon as i get my car back together, i am going to sell the xede and buy the ecu+, i will figure out the flash thing when i get it hooked up...
Old Jan 14, 2006, 08:17 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by Jeff_Jeske
There is an upper switch as well.
I did some checking on this tonight, and the upper switch that Jeff is referring to does in fact come into the stock ECU, so tapping it for the ECU+ is no big deal. The bad news is that the stock ECU, on the '05's and up, enforces a 5k RPM car-isn't-moving (launch) rev limit. When people "fix" this by disconnecting the clutch switch (https://www.evolutionm.net/forums/sh...d.php?t=108697), they're disconnecting the signal that the ECU+ would need for NLTS . I guess the fix for this would be to clip the wire to the stock ECU, such that the ECU+ saw the clutch switch signal but the stock ECU wouldn't. I guess I'll need to try that to see if there's a problem doing that. I did notice that with the clutch switch disconnected, the stock ECU pin still saw +12v, so clipping the wire might be electrically different than disconnecting the switch.

FYI.

Tom
Old Jan 15, 2006, 10:48 AM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Tom,

Since i put my car back together, i am getting the P0300 code now because my clutch is so noisey during deceleration in gear...i remember reading somewhere that you were working on this issue, did you come up with a solution? i have never had the code before now...
Old Jan 16, 2006, 12:01 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by SEEYA
Since i put my car back together, i am getting the P0300 code now because my clutch is so noisey during deceleration in gear...i remember reading somewhere that you were working on this issue, did you come up with a solution? i have never had the code before now...
Still working on it, though from the perspective of "if you didn't have the P0300 before the ECU+, you shouldn't have it afterwards either." So the changes I make aren't meant to be an all-purpose P0300 fixer.

Tom