Notices
General Engine Management / Tuning Forum Discuss general EMS tuning concepts that do not pertain to a specfic brand or product.

Map Ecu Ordered!!!!

Search this Thread

Old Jan 22, 2006, 07:20 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
hey mchuang sorry i didnt repley to you but talon2evo(thank you) covered excatly what i would have said.
Old Jan 22, 2006, 07:37 AM

talon2evo email sent.
Old Jan 22, 2006, 02:22 PM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
no problem. I may have to try one myself
Old Jan 26, 2006, 05:39 AM
Evolving Member

any updates?
Old Feb 2, 2006, 11:39 AM

well its getting closer to time to start tuning. im waiting on 2 parts so i can do everything on one day. as soon as i get them ill beable to give you some updates. sorry for the delay.
Old Feb 4, 2006, 07:18 AM

Originally Posted by Gott des Kriege
well its getting closer to time to start tuning. im waiting on 2 parts so i can do everything on one day. as soon as i get them ill beable to give you some updates. sorry for the delay.
Have you run the car with the MAF disconnected yet? Just currious how the learning cycle worked out, & if it gave you a workable map.. I've heard the AEM doesn't learn very well, but just needs to be programed..
Old Feb 4, 2006, 07:23 AM

yea it ran like crap but that was until i relized it was set up for hotwire..lol now that it in kormon vortex i have yet to really try it. but when it was in hotwire i couldnt go over 4k rpm and was like what the crap. but all is good now. i plan on starting the tuning process this coming weekend the 10th or so, ill be in touch. havent really got a chance to check how the map is working in learn mode car is running so i guess it doing ok and its daily driven.
Old Feb 4, 2006, 03:01 PM

yea it ran like crap but that was until i relized it was set up for hotwire..lol now that it in kormon vortex i have yet to really try it. but when it was in hotwire i couldnt go over 4k rpm and was like what the crap. but all is good now. i plan on starting the tuning process this coming weekend the 10th or so, ill be in touch. havent really got a chance to check how the map is working in learn mode car is running so i guess it doing ok and its daily driven.
Haha, that's funny.. It's so easy to make a little mistake that just freaks out the whole system.

Could you give me the quick & dirty way to do the install plz? Wire colors, & the best way to get it all set up? I was looking at the ECU layouts in the "all mitsubishi" pdf, & it looks like M3-B is our ecu's output pin layout.. Is that correct? & where did you put the temp sensor? They suggest pre-turbo, but seems to me you want it just before the throttle-body, so that it knows when the air is being heated from the turbo, yes, no?

THanks & I'm keeping my eyes on this thread.
Old Feb 6, 2006, 08:58 AM

ill look and see what i can come up with for you the install is easier with the harness but ill try and get it all for you. go to roadrace they have apinout of our ecus on there site. thats where i got mine from. cuz i wasnt at the shop so i had to go on the net to get it. as for the temp sensor yea i put mine by the throttle body. ill keep you updated. wednesday everything will be here so i can start doing everything. im so happy.lol anyways ill do my best for you.
Old Feb 7, 2006, 07:51 PM
Evolved Member

ill look and see what i can come up with for you the install is easier with the harness but ill try and get it all for you. go to roadrace they have apinout of our ecus on there site. thats where i got mine from. cuz i wasnt at the shop so i had to go on the net to get it. as for the temp sensor yea i put mine by the throttle body. ill keep you updated. wednesday everything will be here so i can start doing everything. im so happy.lol anyways ill do my best for you.

What kind of setup are you running by the way??
Old Feb 7, 2006, 07:56 PM
Evolved Member

No plans for timing adjustments in the future.

Ive been exploring the E-Manage, and with a good OBD-II scanner/code wiper, and wideband....you get the ability to go MAP sensor, all the features of a decent standalone, stock driveability but as with any stock ECU car, a reflash would be necessary to raise the rev limit and such.
Old Feb 7, 2006, 08:18 PM

right now it jus bolt ons with 280's. not really trying to make high hp figures i leave that to AMS..lol. i just trying to get around 400 to the wheels and leave it alone. The wife drives it more than I do so we dont need here driving something to terrible fast. ill post all my mods after the tune and dyno sheet as well. my baseline for the car is 250awhp so well see how well this system will work.
Old Feb 7, 2006, 08:20 PM

yeah the only two things i have to deal with is fuel cut and rev limiter. im going to try and by pass the fuel cut but the rev limiter ill either keep stock or jus leave it alone. for now
Old Feb 7, 2006, 10:00 PM
Evolved Member

just get a mail in flash and then start from there
Old Feb 8, 2006, 06:49 AM

Not sure if I posted what my plans are yet, but I'm going to leave the stock MAF in the car till March 5'th..

March 4'th, Al of Dynoflash is comming out to Colorado to do some custom tunes on 10 to 12 cars. I'm 4'th on the list for Saturday afternoon.

After he does his majic, & the car is running awsome off the custom flash, I'll install the MAP ECU to eliminate the factory mass air sensor and allow any fine tuning I might need and for the two computer controlled switches to turn on my alcohol injection, or if I do a small NOS kit in the future.

Quick Reply: Map Ecu Ordered!!!!