Notices
General Engine Management / Tuning Forum Discuss general EMS tuning concepts that do not pertain to a specfic brand or product.

Error message while loading maps

Search this Thread

Old Jan 28, 2006, 06:37 PM
Account Disabled

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Error message while loading maps

Everytime I go to load a base map or any map for that matter my UTEC goes to10% of the transfer and then gives me "Check Sum Failed ! MapCorrupt !". I just don't get what the problem is. I have tried two different labtops both of which worked prior on the UTEC. I am thinking it has something to do with the stupid 9 pin to USB adaptor that I have to use but I am just wondering if anyone had any ideas otherwise. Maybe someone can give me there map so I can try to just load it and see for hahas if that works.

Dan
Old Jan 29, 2006, 06:21 PM
Evolving Member

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts
It most likely is the USB-Serial convertor. Try to get the one from radio shack..

Also were these maps saved off another utec, or just from the txs site?
Old Jan 29, 2006, 07:23 PM
Account Disabled

Yea thats what I am thinking is that its the stupid cable. I will try and get a new one or find a computer with a 9 pin. Well I just handed typed the timing map for the basemap they provide and I have been slowly working with that now but car definitely knocks a bunch in the mid range, I pulled .5 degrees above 5k from their base map but it made no difference so I guess I need to try pulling more than that. Attached is a log. Last night I worked on the fuel part and its decent and tonite I started working on the timing end of the map. I got a lot to learn and work on but I figure if I take baby steps with it I will figure it out. Any input or advice would be much appreciated. My mods are listed in my sig minus the alky as I am still not trying that until I get the pump gas down. This pull was done at 20.0psi.
Attached Files
File Type: txt
pull 3.TXT (1.9 KB, 15 views)
Old Jan 30, 2006, 05:34 PM
Account Disabled

I am slowly getting rid of the knock, I just keep pulling timing from certain areas and its almost gone now. Here is another log, I wish UCC would work on my labtop but for some reason I can't get it to communicate with my UTEC.
Attached Files
pull 6.TXT (27.3 KB, 14 views)
Old Feb 2, 2006, 10:25 AM

Originally Posted by Ultimate CC
I am slowly getting rid of the knock, I just keep pulling timing from certain areas and its almost gone now. Here is another log, I wish UCC would work on my labtop but for some reason I can't get it to communicate with my UTEC.
I have never worked with an EVO UTEC, but why the heck does your PSI column say 26psi at 0% tps?!
Old Feb 2, 2006, 10:44 AM
Account Disabled

I think its because I am running a ebc, UTEC no longer controls boost for me, here is the newest log, I finally almost have all knock gone, its just once in a while at the 3500 range, I ll have it figured out hopefully by the weekend. Then I can start on the alky.
Attached Files
pull 12.TXT (6.5 KB, 13 views)