Notices
General Engine Management / Tuning Forum Discuss general EMS tuning concepts that do not pertain to a specfic brand or product.

Evo IX ECU tuning --> what's best?

Search this Thread

Old Feb 16, 2006, 08:25 PM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Tuning for IX

Here's what I've found:

Standalone:
AMS EMS - not yet available for the IX, no ETA
Hydra - available?
HKS Vpro - available?

Piggy-Back:
Utec - not yet available.
Xede - not yet available.

Flashes:
Dynoflash - Available now.
Ecutek - Available now.
AMS Flash - Available now.

Last edited by boomn29; Feb 17, 2006 at 07:47 AM.
Old Feb 16, 2006, 08:38 PM
Evolved Member

under standalones add Hydra. listed as available now(?)
http://www.hydraems.com/
Old Feb 17, 2006, 07:42 AM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Add HKS Vpro to the list for standalones.
Old Feb 25, 2006, 04:32 PM
Evolving Member

BUMP! for more answers!

I need a GOOD standalone by summer. Hopefully AEM will have something out soon!
Old Feb 26, 2006, 02:37 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by purplegodzilla
Utec is not available for the EVO9 either... But I was looking into it and saw a lot of people dumping the UTEC for the EVO bc of the lack of support..
It is not lack of support it is lack of patients. To many people want the hardest things done in a day.

If they had release the new update a week after the last update it would have taken to long for some people.

The new UTEC update for the 8 with have speed density which is a tough thing to engineer. It will be one the first hybrid to have full speed density, full timing control, and full fuel control and still pass OBDII inspections.

for those the don't know what a hybrid is it is a piggyback that has its own drivers for fuel timing etc... it does not modify input signals to change output signals. It makes is own output singals off what you tell it.

Ben

P.S if you can't tell I am kind of a UTEC *****. I like it alot but I know there are other solutions out there. This one is just best for what I do. If I was all out drag racing with a GT35R or bigger and wanted to retune every season I would have a AEM.
Old Feb 26, 2006, 02:48 PM
Evolved Member

Ben,
very interesting, speed density with OBD11 is pretty good stuff.
UTEC is sounding better every day

only fault in your thinking is standalones have offsets for weather, no need to retune unless you want to.
Old Feb 26, 2006, 03:43 PM
Evolved Member

Received 13 Likes on 12 Posts
I still have my xede from the VIII and will probably wait for the PnP harness and the update, so it will work with the IX.
I might go get a custom flash from Shiv, that is if I magically find 750$
Old Feb 26, 2006, 03:45 PM
Evolved Member

Received 13 Likes on 12 Posts
Originally Posted by nothere
Ben,
very interesting, speed density with OBD11 is pretty good stuff.
UTEC is sounding better every day

only fault in your thinking is standalones have offsets for weather, no need to retune unless you want to.
Xede's SMART system also has offsets for weather, elevation, etc.
Old Feb 27, 2006, 07:48 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by Evo_Kid
I still have my xede from the VIII and will probably wait for the PnP harness and the update, so it will work with the IX.
I might go get a custom flash from Shiv, that is if I magically find 750$
That's what I'd do if I were you. Shiv's coming to do a dyno day in my area in a few months and I'm on the list! Right now, just planning on the flash of course, since that's all that is available for me. If the Xede harness is ready by then I think I will buck up the extra dough for it. Just have to wait and see.
Old Feb 27, 2006, 10:32 AM
Evolving Member

May want to add Apex-i's Power FC to that list... word around the campfire is that it's supposed to be available for the IX in a few months...
Old Mar 29, 2009, 06:41 AM

If you want something good i will go for the hks fcon vpro. I have on my evo ix the aem 1320 and im taking it off to put the v pro . Aem is good but the v pro has much faster response. Dont waste your money on ecu flashes or obd tuning . Your best bet is spend a bit more money now and get it over with
Old Mar 29, 2009, 11:35 AM

Flash/reflash

How or where can you get a flash/reflash? sorry about being utterly ignorant about this matter
Old Apr 5, 2009, 08:32 AM

Originally Posted by mike cy
If you want something good i will go for the hks fcon vpro. I have on my evo ix the aem 1320 and im taking it off to put the v pro . Aem is good but the v pro has much faster response. Dont waste your money on ecu flashes or obd tuning . Your best bet is spend a bit more money now and get it over with
so the main difference btween standalone like VPRO and a flash is that everytime you mod your car you can tune your car by yourself?
Old Apr 5, 2009, 08:36 AM

Originally Posted by mike cy
btw, are you selling your AMS?
Old Apr 21, 2009, 11:48 AM
Evolved Member

I cant speak from experience (yet), but here's what I ended up with. I purchased a used Accessport for a little over half of what they normally go for. I plan on doing an etune with cobb, cost of $175.00 for basically a tune sent via email. Although there are many resources for tuning your own car here, I simply just do not want to risk it.

So for right around $550.00 I got the accessport/custom e-tune on the way. not the cheapest, but certainly the easiest for what I needed - the ability to change maps quickly, no need for a wideband/datalogging equipment (I plan on keeping the car as it is now - stock). Being in utah and local to cobb helps because I feel that I can just take the car down to them for some dyno tuning if I'm not happy with the e-tune service. I'll let you know when I get it all squared away. Still waiting for the AP to get here. How will it all treat me? I'll let you know once I get it all squared away.

Quick Reply: Evo IX ECU tuning --> what's best?