Notices
General Engine Management / Tuning Forum Discuss general EMS tuning concepts that do not pertain to a specfic brand or product.

Emanage (blue ) specific questions

Search this Thread

Old Feb 22, 2006, 06:29 PM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Emanage (blue ) specific questions

Hi,

I have a few specific questions on the e-manage (original blue).
And yes I searched.

Will there be any improvement when you plug in the emanage, and doing nothing else?

I'm asking because the reason I bought the emanage (other than it was new for $200) is that it also has the feature to change injector size change, and it is very easy to use. I plan updating to FQ400 spec injectors latter.
So the question is releated to the fact that if there is some improvement just pluging it in, I'll do this now before instaling the injectors. (yes, I'll do other mods too).

How does the feature that makes the boost stay steady is used? Is this automatic when you just plug in the emanage?
Several people reported this feature but not how to activate it, or if this is a coded feature.

Will it be a good idea to use an injector harness? I guess that if I plan to use bigger injectors this is not needed, or am I wrong?

If there is some one that has a map for a stock 2005 MR, please could you share? I promise to give one map back to the group after I go to a dyno and tune it stock .(that is my first goal).

Thanks

Last edited by supersupra; Feb 22, 2006 at 07:27 PM.
Old Feb 23, 2006, 09:59 PM
Evolving Member

Gee! no body likes the Greddy e-manage?
Old Feb 26, 2006, 05:50 PM
cmz

I just picked one up for my '05 GSR, and an E01 to go with it......

Doesn't look like many people on here use them.

From what I've been able to gather, as it relates to your questions:

Plugging in a "zero'd out" (empty/new/not setup/no adjustsments made) emanage should do nothing. You haven't told it to adjust any of the signals the ECU is seeing (or producing) yet, so there won't be any change.

With regard to boost: The emanage has no facilities to manage boost on it's own. It can however monitor boost. And if you set it up to monitor boost, you can then tune using the pressure readings as the basis for your maps (as opposed to the air flow reading).

And as far as the injector harness is concerned: If you're installing bigger injectors and expect the emanage to compensate for them, I think you'll need to get the injector harness spliced in so the emanage can modify the signal your bigger injectors are seeing. According to the Support Tool manual the emanage "trims the whole fuel map (factory map)" and "When the injectors are upgraded, the injector signal value is being altered". I doubt the latter can be accomplished without installing the injector harness.

Check out mohdparts - Emanage Blue manuals for the manuals, software, and harness.
Old Feb 26, 2006, 06:50 PM
Evolving Member

I actualy bought the harness through Boomslang and it is a full harness (no spliting) just plug and play. I opted for the addition of the injector harness also.

This way I don't interfere with the warranty.

Thanks for the information, looks really cool

Mitsubishi CT9A 4G63 Evo 8 MT_KR-1 <- airflow setting

Last edited by supersupra; Mar 6, 2006 at 10:52 PM.
Old Jun 14, 2006, 06:54 AM
Evolving Member

Maybe I'll sell it with the harness plug and play for $390