Notices
General Engine Management / Tuning Forum Discuss general EMS tuning concepts that do not pertain to a specfic brand or product.

Can't seem to get the power fc to work

Search this Thread

Old Mar 13, 2006, 07:39 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Unhappy Can't seem to get the power fc to work

I just bought the Power FC to work, however after pluggin it in just won't start. However with the stock ecu it starts without any problem. I was wandering if it would be the immobiliser or the fuel pump, or both perhaps. NEED ADVISE!!!!!

THANX
Old Mar 14, 2006, 01:07 PM

You need to interchange wire 8 and 22 on the 26 pin connector.

sven
Old Mar 16, 2006, 09:57 PM

Now I'm able to start the car, however, I have a problem with the compressor for the air conditioner. As soon as I start, the compressors starts running even when the aircond itself is not on. It seems that the pin that controls the airconditiner is placed somewhere else.
Old Mar 17, 2006, 02:09 AM

Originally Posted by super_st79
Now I'm able to start the car, however, I have a problem with the compressor for the air conditioner. As soon as I start, the compressors starts running even when the aircond itself is not on. It seems that the pin that controls the airconditiner is placed somewhere else.
Because pin 8 if im not mistaken is the AC and pin 22 is the fuel pump relay
Old Mar 17, 2006, 07:27 PM

Rui Evo, thanx plenty it now works perfectly with one exception. The engine check light does not seem to go out. PLease advise.
Old Mar 19, 2006, 02:36 AM

the check engine light will stay solid if you have a major sensor not sending information. i once had it illuminated when my maf was disconnected. if you check the commander, there is a section where you can check sensors, and it should provide a little more information, if that does not help, make sure you are getting proper outputs on your monitoring.
Old Apr 3, 2006, 05:01 PM

Do you guys know if this problem will occur when using an evo7 pfc on an evo8 wiring harness. My supplier lists the evo8 pfc and harness as an evo7 pfc with a specific evo8 harness. Surely it would be fixed in the harness?
Old Nov 25, 2006, 03:23 PM

I had the same problem at first with not being able to start the car. Once i switched wires #8 & #22, car started up fine but the AC works but no longer gives out cold air. Checked with the stock ecu and it was working fine. Any suggestions?