Notices
General Engine Management / Tuning Forum Discuss general EMS tuning concepts that do not pertain to a specfic brand or product.

parameters are altred in an ecu flash for IX?

Search this Thread

Old Mar 26, 2006, 12:32 PM
EvoM Guru

Received 129 Likes on 97 Posts
parameters are altred in an ecu flash for IX?

Just wondering what paramters are altered in an ecu flash for an Evo IX. Seems pretty obvious that the spark timing map, fuel map, and the boost map can all be altered, but I'm wondering if anything else is altered. For instance, I read a thread where someone said that some flashes only alter the WOT map. My experience with ecu's is that for a car running under normal conditions, there is only a closed loop map for fuel economy and an open loop map for everything else (including WOT). Just wondering what is meant here.

Also wondering in what direction the maps are altered. I've seen that the Evo IX runs pretty rich at higher rpm, so I can imagine the fuel gets leaned out a bit a higher rpm. But then I'm wondering whether spark timing is advanced or retarded (or left alone). What are the typical changes made to the boost curve?
Old Mar 29, 2006, 05:06 PM
Account Disabled

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
depending on what hex editor your tuner has and what he / she can figure out a reflasher can alter any parameter

I have the follwing features available :

Both fuel maps
6 Ingnition maps
MIVEC
Boost control
Two step
Rev limiter
Top speed limit
Fuel cut
Injector offset
Old Mar 31, 2006, 08:26 PM
EvoM Guru

Which direction do you go with fuel and ignition timing? Do you change the boost map or Mivec?
Old Mar 31, 2006, 08:39 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by mrfred
Just wondering what paramters are altered in an ecu flash for an Evo IX. Seems pretty obvious that the spark timing map, fuel map, and the boost map can all be altered, but I'm wondering if anything else is altered. For instance, I read a thread where someone said that some flashes only alter the WOT map. My experience with ecu's is that for a car running under normal conditions, there is only a closed loop map for fuel economy and an open loop map for everything else (including WOT). Just wondering what is meant here.

Also wondering in what direction the maps are altered. I've seen that the Evo IX runs pretty rich at higher rpm, so I can imagine the fuel gets leaned out a bit a higher rpm. But then I'm wondering whether spark timing is advanced or retarded (or left alone). What are the typical changes made to the boost curve?
The flash does not only alter WOT.
The "flash" is able to completely rewrite the entire spectrum of base fueling, spark advance and retard.
There aren't closed loop maps. Just conditions in which the car will run in either mode dependeant on load and rpm.
Every car will be different depending on the modifications to that vehicle. Anything that effects volumetric efficiency points in the load and rpm band require specific timing and fueling requirements. NOT adjustments, but requirements.
Old Apr 4, 2006, 10:34 PM
EvoM Guru

Originally Posted by DynoFlash
Both fuel maps
6 Ingnition maps
What are purposes of the two different fuel maps? Also wondering the same about the six ignition maps.
Old Apr 4, 2006, 10:38 PM
EvoM Guru

Originally Posted by Precision Dyno
There aren't closed loop maps. Just conditions in which the car will run in either mode dependeant on load and rpm...
So the same base fuel map is used for closed and open loop with closed loop actively controlling the afr to stoich using the O2 sensor?
Old Jun 1, 2006, 11:05 PM
Evolving Member

where is percision dyno in levittown i heard of them dont know where there located

i grew up in levittiown so i know the place pretty good