Notices
General Engine Management / Tuning Forum Discuss general EMS tuning concepts that do not pertain to a specfic brand or product.

Pigtails for GM solenoid and 3 bar MAP Sensor

Search this Thread

Old Apr 14, 2006, 10:20 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Pigtails for GM solenoid and 3 bar MAP Sensor

I am looking for a clean install of these..where can I find pigtails for these connectors? Would radio shack sell them (doubt it). Also, where are you mounting your MAP sensor at?
Old Apr 14, 2006, 10:47 PM
Evolved Member

I used the Buschur adaptor plate and installed it in the stock MAP location. In fact, I would contact BR to find out about the pigtails too. Of course I run the AEM unit...so I dont know if that will make a difference for you with the UTEC
Old Apr 15, 2006, 09:30 AM

Ok confusion...as usual. If I understand correctly you can run a map sensor without switching to MAP as a your load indicator. It would just be there for reference and too use for a closed boost monitoring system. Right????

But some people are using MAP also as their load indicator From what I have read the jury is still out on whether MAF or MAP is better for the load indication...right?

I am only interested in the MAP sensor for boost level feedback and closed boost control at this time. So I guess I should say, where are you putting your map sensor if you are not replacing the MAF sensor. Does this make any sense or am I totally confused again.
Old Apr 15, 2006, 10:42 AM
EvoM Guru

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts
You are correct on both assumptions, and mine is plumbed into the line on the valve cover (the one that goes to the DV)
Old Apr 15, 2006, 02:00 PM

Hmm, I think thats where my MBC is looped in..but I was going to revert to stock and use the GM solenoid. Hope I still have those vacuum lines somewhere.
Old Apr 15, 2006, 04:08 PM
EvoM Guru

Be careful how you loop stuff in, anything that works on the bleed principal, will reduce the signal available to the DV... Same with any restrictions from using T's.. I generally recommend using something other than the DV line unless you are real careful to use very short runs of hose, and large diameter T's that won't restrict the signal to the DV.
Old Apr 17, 2006, 05:32 PM
Account Disabled

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
malibu,

i tend to agree...

we currently use the vacuum output nipple on the intake mani near the tbody to supply the signal to the map sensor and bov.... with braided stainless lines to both.

the mbc gets its signal from a tapped fitting on the lower intercooler pipe, and then go the the controller and to the wastegate. shortly....we will be re-doing it.... using a perrin EBCS (with the utec) with braided lines... utilizing both wastegate ports..

when we reduced the number of t's from that nipple, we saw added response in the tial bov and mbc.

my two cents

cb..

im producing some vacuum blocks for sale.. with our logo cnc'd on them.
Old Apr 17, 2006, 07:08 PM
EvoM Guru

Originally Posted by CBRD
malibu,

i tend to agree...

we currently use the vacuum output nipple on the intake mani near the tbody to supply the signal to the map sensor and bov.... with braided stainless lines to both.

the mbc gets its signal from a tapped fitting on the lower intercooler pipe, and then go the the controller and to the wastegate. shortly....we will be re-doing it.... using a perrin EBCS (with the utec) with braided lines... utilizing both wastegate ports..

when we reduced the number of t's from that nipple, we saw added response in the tial bov and mbc.

my two cents

cb..

im producing some vacuum blocks for sale.. with our logo cnc'd on them.
Cool, let me know when they become available, I need a vacuum block since I'm starting to redo all my lines as I go through the engine compartment.