Notices
General Engine Management / Tuning Forum Discuss general EMS tuning concepts that do not pertain to a specfic brand or product.

Weird problem with AEM Uego & Greddy Turbo Timer...

Search this Thread

Old May 2, 2006, 11:30 AM
Evolved Member

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Question Weird problem with AEM Uego & Greddy Turbo Timer...

Well, this really isn't a problem, it's just kind of weird and a little annoying. Yesterday i install my AEM Uego and after i got everything done i turned the car on and was about to go for a cruise to check out my A/F ratios. Well when i turned the car on i looked down at my Greddy TT and noticed that the time keep increasing by itself. I have the timer set for 1 minute and i haven't touched it at all since i put it in. But after i installed the wideband the time kept increasing by itself, 1:01, 1:02, 1:03, etc. Since i installed the wideband i just turn my TT off and then turn it back on before i shut the car off it only runs for 1 minute instead of setting itself for like 10 minutes. My roommate also has the same problem after he installed his wideband in his SRT4. We both have the AEM Uego and Greddy TT. I was wondering if anybody else has had this same weird problem? Does anybody know why its doing this? Is there anyway to keep the turbo timer from increasing? It's really not that big of a deal but i would just like to find out why it's doing this. Thanks for any help.
Old May 2, 2006, 07:32 PM
Evolved Member

Nobody has any idea why the Greddy TT is doing this after the wideband install??
Old May 4, 2006, 12:47 AM
Evolved Member

Only have 17 views after a couple days...i guess nobody else has any idea why its doing this either, oh well...
Old May 6, 2006, 05:26 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
The Greddy Turbo Timer has a function that uses a formula to add more time to the set time according to the car's RPM usage. There are 2 of these modes "Auto Timer Lo" and "Auto Timer High", These modes use two RPM set point to determine how much time to add. The operation of these modes is described in the user manual on pages 8 and 12. I have attached a link to the user manual pdf.

www.greddy.com/tech/FATURBO_TIMER.pdf

It is possible that you have either activated this mode without actually setting the RPM set points. Or maybe the RPM signal line from the ECU is effected by the AEM Uego.
I have had this problem and all i did was to switch the timer to the fixed time mode, but this is because the unit was installed by a monkey in the garage. This Auto Timer function is actually quite useful because you can set the timer to 20s or so and if you drive the car hard it adds time to it and then if at the end of the trip you drive the car slow it will reduce time from the set time so your car does not need to run for 2 min if your grandma took it to the shops.
Old Jan 16, 2009, 12:37 PM
Evolving Member

bringing this thread back from the dead.

I just installed my AEM UEGO wideband and also have the greddy turbo timer with this problem. Anyone found out why it counts up? Could it be attributed to the same power 12v line(cigarette lighter)? thanks any help is greatly appreciated it!
Ben
Old Jan 23, 2009, 10:18 AM
Evolving Member

Bump!!! any one have an asnwer for this?
Old Jan 24, 2009, 08:08 AM
Evolving Member

it is 100% the uego
i had the same problem and then about 2 days ago my uego sensor went bad as soon as that happened my turbo timer started working great i think its a voltage issue
b/c the turbo timer increses time depending how much ur beating on the car.

But i cant figure out a fix
do any of u have a small battery kit?
Old Jan 26, 2009, 04:31 AM
Evolving Member

so has there been a fix for this? I have to same prob, I set mine for 60sec cd time and right before I know im gonna shut down my car I have to reset the TT and its irritating.
Old Jan 26, 2009, 08:54 AM
Evolving Member

i contacted greddy they said it was the person who installed it
i told them i did the install and several people are having the same problem
they said this is the first time there hearing this.

**** Greddy
Old Jan 26, 2009, 09:47 AM
Evolving Member

hmmm I mean its not a huge prob but I know there has to be a way to fix this....I guess I might try to open the plug in my firewall and run the TT's power straight from the batt or maby run it from the fuze box to see what happens.
Old Feb 11, 2009, 08:52 PM
Evolving Member

Umm, I posted in regards to this issue and now I have a bigger issue. I am running the turbo timer off the 12v cig power along with the aem wideband and now my wideband turns on and off whenever it feels like it. I mean the actual 12v digital sweep/anolog gauge. I believe the wideband is still taking down numbers if i logged in but I will take a look at it tomorrow. anyone else have this problem?
Old Apr 24, 2009, 05:14 PM
Evolving Member

It seems like I've had the exact opposite with my car. It used to do the auto...now it doesn't after the aem uego install. I've come to the conclusion that it has something to do with the voltage since I used the "accessory" wires that were on the "evo specific" harness for the ignition. I'm thinking when I change that, the problem should go away. When I say change it I mean the location of where those wires are getting power and such from.
Old Apr 24, 2009, 07:51 PM

Im having this problem as well. My timer goes up like crazy at idle.
Old Sep 28, 2009, 06:03 PM

back to life... I'm having the same problem... and I have an idea... if it works i'll post it...
Old Apr 30, 2010, 03:39 PM
Evolving Member

Back to life again. Same problem. What did you guys do to solve?

Quick Reply: Weird problem with AEM Uego & Greddy Turbo Timer...