Notices
General Engine Management / Tuning Forum Discuss general EMS tuning concepts that do not pertain to a specfic brand or product.

Updating software/firmware

Search this Thread

Old May 2, 2006, 07:46 PM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Updating software/firmware

I'm a little confused on how to update the soft/firmware. Can I download it on my desk computer, transfer it on a disk, and then to my laptop which has no internet connection? Or do I need an internet connection to get the updates?

Also, can I download the latest version and have all the updates or does each update have its own specific download?

How do you manage to download the full and partial updates? Does the full version need to be in the emanage and then update 1 at a time? Or can you just download the full update on your computer and keep replacing and updating with the partial updates?

Its a little confusing with not that much info out there on the emanage. Then again, I could just be computer illiterate. I understand everything else about the emanage and profec e-01 except this. Thanks, josh

Last edited by Supa tek; May 2, 2006 at 07:55 PM.
Old May 2, 2006, 08:08 PM
Evolving Member

If my memory serves me correctly just download the latest full install onto laptop. Then once you connect it to the emanage the system should install it automatically. I will give it a shot this week but that should be the case.
Old May 10, 2006, 08:11 PM
Evolving Member

As of right now I dont have an internet connection on my laptop, Is there any way to download the update on a disk from another computer and then put it into my laptop?