Notices
General Engine Management / Tuning Forum Discuss general EMS tuning concepts that do not pertain to a specfic brand or product.

Evo tuning revolution

Search this Thread

Old May 9, 2006, 12:47 PM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by A418t81
Any word on flashing parts of the 05 setup to previous years? I want knock sensors that aren't scared of cars in front of me at the drag strip
my 05 gets scared of loud V8s too...
Old May 9, 2006, 02:14 PM
Account Disabled

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by A418t81
Any word on flashing parts of the 05 setup to previous years? I want knock sensors that aren't scared of cars in front of me at the drag strip
The problem is with the MAF sensor being effected by loud sounds

The only difference in the 03 & 04 vs the 05 ecus is with the 0300 code issues on partial throttle
Old May 9, 2006, 02:26 PM
Former Sponsor

Originally Posted by DynoFlash
The problem is with the MAF sensor being effected by loud sounds

The only difference in the 03 & 04 vs the 05 ecus is with the 0300 code issues on partial throttle
In that case, I have found the MAF filtering data values for on throttle and off throttle. I guess I will play around with it and test to see if it works well, then I would make a definition for it in ECUFLASH.
Old May 9, 2006, 03:43 PM
EvoM Guru

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts
Originally Posted by DynoFlash
Also note

You CAN NOT use flashing equipment to move one ecu from opne car to another

That requires a MUT III scan tool which you can buy for $3700 or lease or just pay a dealer to do it

The flashing equipment is for tuning a ecu which is already installed and synched in one car
Thats a shame if its true, according to the tool its supposed to read the entire writable portion of the ECU. And I do have the offset for where the immobilizer code is stored and I think I can see it in the rom data.

I guess its only a matter of time before everyone knows for sure. We also thought for a long time the only way to reflash an ECU was with $3000 software/hardware or the MUT scan tool
Old May 9, 2006, 04:21 PM
Former Sponsor

Originally Posted by MalibuJack
Thats a shame if its true, according to the tool its supposed to read the entire writable portion of the ECU. And I do have the offset for where the immobilizer code is stored and I think I can see it in the rom data.

I guess its only a matter of time before everyone knows for sure. We also thought for a long time the only way to reflash an ECU was with $3000 software/hardware or the MUT scan tool
It's not true at all. When you read out your ECU, the immobilizer code is at address: 3FFCE x2. With that code, you can flash that code in multiple ECU's and the car will start. But you can't change that code to something else, because that code is also stored in the Immobilizer ECU, and the only way to change that, is the way AL stated MUT III.
Old May 9, 2006, 04:27 PM
Evolved Member

So what you are saying is that the Immobilizer code stored on the ECU must match the code stored in a separate chip located in each car called the Immobilizer ECU. Meaning you could have 20 ECUs all with the same Immobilizer code as the one in your car's Immobilizer ECU.
Old May 9, 2006, 04:37 PM
Former Sponsor

Originally Posted by nutrulz
So what you are saying is that the Immobilizer code stored on the ECU must match the code stored in a separate chip located in each car called the Immobilizer ECU. Meaning you could have 20 ECUs all with the same Immobilizer code as the one in your car's Immobilizer ECU.
Correct
Old May 9, 2006, 06:57 PM

SO if i bought a ECU i could program that ECU w/ that code and it will start the car? Im still learning here.
Old May 9, 2006, 07:09 PM
EvoM Guru

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts
Yep, that is exactly how I thought it should work. The Immobilizer is a seperate unit in each car, the code is different.. As long as you put that code in the new ECU it will work.

I never said I wanted to change the Immobilizer code itself, just copy the paired code from my current ECU to a spare ECU so both will work in the car when swapped.
Old May 9, 2006, 07:29 PM
Account Disabled

Yep, that is exactly how I thought it should work. The Immobilizer is a seperate unit in each car, the code is different.. As long as you put that code in the new ECU it will work.

I never said I wanted to change the Immobilizer code itself, just copy the paired code from my current ECU to a spare ECU so both will work in the car when swapped.
I see what you are saying now - I get it (I must be dense today)
Old May 9, 2006, 08:14 PM
Evolving Member

Wow this is all pretty exciting. Does anyone know when the Evo IX will be supported? I have downloaded the ROM and EcuFlash 1.25 from the website, but I read that the Evo IX is not supported yet. Is this true?
Old May 9, 2006, 08:18 PM
Former Sponsor

Originally Posted by b0ostedEV08
It's not true at all. When you read out your ECU, the immobilizer code is at address: 3FFCE x2. With that code, you can flash that code in multiple ECU's and the car will start. But you can't change that code to something else, because that code is also stored in the Immobilizer ECU, and the only way to change that, is the way AL stated MUT III.

100% correct.

Don't forget the vin info when doing that on the evo 9 it will throw the check engine light. But will run fine. I have done this on the 8 and 9, and evo7 out of the Uk with immobilizer.

Sean
Old May 9, 2006, 08:22 PM
Former Sponsor

the 05 has the standing rev limiter (Launch control) code, the 03 ECU does not have it, even though the clutch switch is looped through the ECU in the wiring harness for both (ECU wiring is identical from 03-05 USDM Models as far as I can tell)

Another difference is the intercooler sprayer, there is an input for identifying the switch status, and an output to turn the sprayer on and off.. But I don't use mine..
03 has it but where it's set you will not see it's function.

Sean
Old May 9, 2006, 10:35 PM
Former Sponsor

Originally Posted by Sean I
03 has it but where it's set you will not see it's function.

Sean
We have that function available in the software for 03 and 04 EVO 8 to enable launch control.
Old May 10, 2006, 12:09 AM
Evolved Member

Will We have access to the VE tables?