Notices
General Engine Management / Tuning Forum Discuss general EMS tuning concepts that do not pertain to a specfic brand or product.

Can a MAFPro be used to trim fueling using an output from a meth inj flow sensor?

Search this Thread

Old Jun 26, 2006, 04:51 PM
Evolving Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Can a MAFPro be used to trim fueling using an output from a meth inj flow sensor?

Is it possible to create a map with the MAFTPro using a voltage output from a flow sensor to trim the fueling?

Or better yet can a map be setup in the maftpro to actually control a meth injection system like an Aquamist system 2C?

Also, can the MAFTPRO be used to log voltages from a knock sensor? Can it do closed-loop stuff with a knock sensor?
Old Aug 10, 2006, 07:59 AM
Account Disabled

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by EVOgasmIX
Is it possible to create a map with the MAFTPro using a voltage output from a flow sensor to trim the fueling?

Or better yet can a map be setup in the maftpro to actually control a meth injection system like an Aquamist system 2C?

Also, can the MAFTPRO be used to log voltages from a knock sensor? Can it do closed-loop stuff with a knock sensor?
What are you even talking about?
Old Aug 15, 2006, 01:36 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by TTP Engineering
What are you even talking about?
i think he wants to know about the second map triggered by the 12volt aux my spanish no so good.
Old Aug 15, 2006, 02:06 PM
Account Disabled

Originally Posted by sgtevo
i think he wants to know about the second map triggered by the 12volt aux my spanish no so good.
Muy poquito espanol aqui.
Old Sep 12, 2006, 06:27 AM
Former Sponsor

I fully understood your aim. The answer is yes.

If you a have a spare analogue input, the flow signal from the flow sensor can be made to trim fuel and advance ignition, this is a very reliable failsafe set up.

If you have a aquamist 2C system controller by the MAFPro, you can almost control your a/f ratio by altering your WI water map.

I like to help but I don't normally visit other forums apart from the WI forum. I am glad I pick this one out by chance. This excellent idea of yours is going well over some people's head.

Here is someone who has done it on an Xede system, running a system 1s.
https://www.evolutionm.net/forums/sh...d.php?t=211896

Richard
Old Sep 12, 2006, 07:30 AM
Evolved Member

1. The MaftPro has a map switching input that will switch maps if you supply it 5V.

2. The MaftPro would not be able to control a meth injection system as far as I can tell.

3. The MaftPro can log voltage from anything you like, however it requires you to use the map switching wire which would eliminate that feature. It can not do closed-loop stuff with the knock sensor.

Some of these things may be added at some point if there is interest, but there are limitations to the number of inputs and outputs on the control box. I actually plan to use my MaftPro with a DDS-3 to control a meth injection system. Any failure detected by the DDS-3 would cause the MaftPro to switch back to my pump gas map, lowering boost, adding fuel, and possible adjusting ignition timing.

-Paul
Old Sep 12, 2006, 09:29 AM
Account Disabled

Originally Posted by Richard L
I fully understood your aim. The answer is yes.

If you a have a spare analogue input, the flow signal from the flow sensor can be made to trim fuel and advance ignition, this is a very reliable failsafe set up.

If you have a aquamist 2C system controller by the MAFPro, you can almost control your a/f ratio by altering your WI water map.

I like to help but I don't normally visit other forums apart from the WI forum. I am glad I pick this one out by chance. This excellent idea of yours is going well over some people's head.

Here is someone who has done it on an Xede system, running a system 1s.
https://www.evolutionm.net/forums/sh...d.php?t=211896

Richard
The answer is no.

You cannot create a MAP for this application. The only option is for injector fueling changes based on AFR on the fly. AFR Tracking. I think this is why you rarely venture out of the WI forums, because you lack the knowledge to post correctly outside of your area of expertise.
Old Sep 12, 2006, 09:38 AM
Account Disabled

Originally Posted by PVD04
1. The MaftPro has a map switching input that will switch maps if you supply it 5V.
It is actually a 12v signal, but maybe you got it to work with 5v? The signal I use is 12v.

2. The MaftPro would not be able to control a meth injection system as far as I can tell.
I concur.

3. The MaftPro can log voltage from anything you like, however it requires you to use the map switching wire which would eliminate that feature. It can not do closed-loop stuff with the knock sensor.
New feature not officially released is ign timing control. I have yet to hook it up since ecuflash has competant control, but I would be willing to send you the cable for testing Paul if you wanted to review it and test it.

Some of these things may be added at some point if there is interest, but there are limitations to the number of inputs and outputs on the control box. I actually plan to use my MaftPro with a DDS-3 to control a meth injection system. Any failure detected by the DDS-3 would cause the MaftPro to switch back to my pump gas map, lowering boost, adding fuel, and possible adjusting ignition timing.
I am already doing this without the need for an DDS-3. You would probably enjoy watching it in action. It is used with the ZEITRONIX wideband so that you can set it to trigger map switches to pump gas map on =EGT temp, BOOST PSI, RPM, TPS, and NEW COMPLEX combos such as= IF BOOST IS >24PSI AND AFR >12.5AFR, THEN TRIGGER. It is the most bulletproof system available.

I will be getting video up of it in action along with logs, thus far testing the EGT alone has worked flawlessly in conditions where I have pushed it too hard or have run low and out of meth. Triggered each time perfectly.

-Paul
Old Sep 12, 2006, 10:58 AM
Evolved Member

It is actually a 12v signal, but maybe you got it to work with 5v? The signal I use is 12v.
I just looked back through the user manual and found that it doesn't specify a voltage. It's possible that a signal as small as 1v could activate it. I'm not yet using mine so I can not speak on it authoritatively.

New feature not officially released is ign timing control. I have yet to hook it up since ecuflash has competant control, but I would be willing to send you the cable for testing Paul if you wanted to review it and test it.
I'm currently using ecuflash for timing control as well. I have been considering using the timing control in MaftPro to allow me to change ignition timing while using meth injection, but figured that I would likely be in different load cells and would not need it. I've already spent well over my self-imposed budget for my car this year so I will be holding off on meth injection until next season unless someone buys one for me.

-Paul

Last edited by PVD04; Sep 12, 2006 at 11:03 AM.
Old Sep 12, 2006, 04:37 PM
Former Sponsor

Knowledge is acquired and not born with...

Today, I have learnt two new things here:
1) How the MAFPro works
2) It requires an un-informed answer from me to get a sensible response from others.
Old Sep 17, 2006, 04:19 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by PVD04

-Paul
The aux input switches at 3 volts. You can feed it with 5, 12 or whatever. When logging the aux input, it reads 0-5 volts.

The ability to control an alcohol injection system is on the list to be added to the unit. I still need to define the control scheme, but shouldn't be too complex. Could be tied in with the AFR tracking as well.

No knock sensing yet.

The ignition timing control is working well.

Bob