Notices
General Engine Management / Tuning Forum Discuss general EMS tuning concepts that do not pertain to a specfic brand or product.

remote tuning with VNC

Search this Thread

Old Sep 19, 2006, 10:05 AM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
remote tuning with VNC

Anyone try this? The idea behind it is that you could drive your car to a dyno and have a tuner of your choice from anywhere in the country or world tune your car without having to book a flight. The drawbacks are of course that the tuner could not be there to look over and oversee the car on the dyno, though the dyno operator can help with that too.

I'm running AEM and all the tuners I would really trust are across the country, too far for me to drive to. With something like this, remote tuning could be done very quickly and efficiently without the need to send maps back and forth through email. Still not as good as having a tuner onsight, and still a bandaid solution, but it could open up a lot of doors and opportunities at the same time.

Quick outline:
  • Both tuner and customer install a program like VNC server/client or terminal server that allows the tuner to remotely log into the customers laptop and access all the maps in real time.
  • Customer could drive their car to a local dyno and get everything hooked up and ready. Would need wireless internet or a wirless modem (blackberry will work for this).
  • Tuner logs into the customers laptop and is able to tune/log everything in real time just as if they were at the dyno. Theoretically not taking any longer than if the tuner was there in person. Obviously would have to have a good line of communication while doing this process
So has anyone tried this? Any other major drawbacks/concerns besides what is already stated? I'd like to hear from some of the tuners on this.
Old Sep 19, 2006, 10:07 AM
Account Disabled

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
TTP is already doing this and RemotEflash(tm) custom ECU reflash tuning on the dyno. We can also watch the cars live via IP cam on the dyno. Visit www.dynocam.net for more details.

We have tuned cars this way from Hawaii, to WI and as far south as the island of Dominica in the Carribean.

If anyone is interested in this service, feel free to send us a PM. Our service includes up to 25 reflashes or until fully tuned, whichever comes first. (Most custom tunes are completed in 12-15 reflashes)

Stay tuned as TTP-Engineering will be tuning an Evolutionm.net Project Car remotely on the dyno in upcoming days. Any member will be able to watch this tuning process before their own eyes LIVE from the DynoCam!

We will provide a url link to the DynoCam in upcoming days

It is an exciting age for Evo Tuning and Technology and we enjoy the opportunity to be a part of this exciting project with evom!

Last edited by TTP Engineering; Sep 19, 2006 at 12:35 PM.
Old Sep 19, 2006, 02:19 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
This is the type of **** that happens when geeks become car guys.....****, the sad thing is that i've actually thought of this before too