Notices
General Engine Management / Tuning Forum Discuss general EMS tuning concepts that do not pertain to a specfic brand or product.

Interesting ALS Resources.

Search this Thread

Old Nov 19, 2006, 08:33 PM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Interesting ALS Resources.

Just doing an internet search with the hopes of figuring out a good baseline to start tuning for anti-lag on a stock ecu via ECUFlash (for short durations of time of course). Ran into some very informative info...

For starters, ran into this standalone ALS unit:
http://www.grid.co.jp/en/prod/prod181.htm
Lists to not work with the Rancer Evo (whatever that is, lol)

Really good post on ALS and the pseudo-code on how to properly set it up under various road/racing conditions. Provides a brief history as well:
http://www.wheelsjamaica.com/wheels_...8854.msg381962

Ripped from Power-FC FAQ:
"Poor mans antilag??
Whilst there is no official Apexi plug in Anti Lag and Datalogit Antilag is broken you can do a "poor mans antilag". This is at zero cost and is merely amusing and a bit of fun, I don't think it does any good (and might not be safe).

1. SETTING
2. IGN MAP
3. Change the top row (row P01) to be all zero's (the number 0) for IGN timing.
4. Drive around and listen to the car pop and backfire on gearchange

This is because on gear change the AFM momentarily drops its air when the throttle body closes so AFM drops into load point P01 (most times, not %100). So the result is, the engine drops to 0deg IGN timing for a split second and it pops and backfires on gearchange, race car style. This may not be safe and suitable for ceramic exhaust wheel'd turbo cars as it could cause exhaust wheel failure from heat. Logic says it should bring on boost a bit quicker but it doesn't appear to do squat. Traditional anitlag backs off timing on gearchange and dumps fuel, but keeps the throttle nailed so keep exhaust gas flowing.

Anyway try it and impress your friends."

From what I've noticed, you can run a software form of anti-lag by retarding ignition timing (one user used -30°) when off-throttle aka when the TPS reads 0 or when engine load is below 100 (decelerating).

Last edited by silex; Nov 19, 2006 at 08:36 PM.
Old Nov 21, 2006, 12:23 AM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Was my post just "old news"? Thought I'd save some people the trouble and report my findings so to speak