Notices
General Engine Management / Tuning Forum Discuss general EMS tuning concepts that do not pertain to a specfic brand or product.

SAFC II question before purchase...

Search this Thread

Old Nov 24, 2006, 07:14 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
SAFC II question before purchase...

Whats up evolutionm.net, I am new to the site and would like to know what are the good and bad benefits of having a sacf II? im not really looking to get a flash because the car is daily driven so i cant send the ecu out and get it flashed. What I am looking for is the following a simple street tune. Nothing to crazy if i do get a safc II what else would I need to buy? Boost controller, Turbo Timer etc.. I already have a Intake and blow off valve.... Let me know your opinion's thank you...
Old Nov 25, 2006, 12:32 AM

i know someone has to know about this.....

Last edited by i8urvtec; Nov 25, 2006 at 12:40 AM.
Old Nov 25, 2006, 01:13 AM
Evolved Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
intake and bov...the two things not needed for an evo. well, safc allows you to fine tune your air/fuel. it is an excellent tool for tuners. you can run 2 different maps.

cons...dealership will know you messed with the cpu and can void your warranty
Old Nov 25, 2006, 01:35 AM

Originally Posted by thisxguy
intake and bov...the two things not needed for an evo. well, safc allows you to fine tune your air/fuel. it is an excellent tool for tuners. you can run 2 different maps.

cons...dealership will know you messed with the cpu and can void your warranty

I'm was already planning on putting the intake and bov back on...But im going to buy it and if i dont like what i get out of it then i will have to ge a flash like it or not...Thanks on the help
Old Feb 5, 2007, 07:05 PM

You can always use it as a monitor
Old Feb 5, 2007, 07:08 PM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Forget the AFC and go with a custom flash. I have an AFC and I am now tuning with Ecuflash.
Old Feb 5, 2007, 07:23 PM

A flash will be better all around and you will get more power
Old Feb 26, 2007, 07:50 PM

I just got one as well. not really sure how to wire it up. Does anyone have a diagram?
Old Feb 26, 2007, 10:34 PM

The cable and ecuflash r bad *** I just got it for my eclipse and there is so much u can do with it. U can also use evoscan to datalog for a small price
Old Feb 28, 2007, 04:23 AM

yeah

Originally Posted by fast03evo
I just got one as well. not really sure how to wire it up. Does anyone have a diagram?
If you want to get it installed without having to cut/splice any wires into your ecu, you can get a new ECU harness that allows you to just plug the SAFC in. In case you ever need to take your car to the dealership.....you can easily uninstall it and go back to stock....

http://www.lancershop.com/customer/p...&cat=44&page=1

If you don't have a warranty, and don't mind doing the work yourself, and have access to a soldering iron, then here's how you hardwire it in........the SAFC itself should have came with directions & diagram....

http://www.lancerevotuners.com/forum...read.php?p=909
Old Feb 28, 2007, 04:40 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by cpoevo
Forget the AFC and go with a custom flash. I have an AFC and I am now tuning with Ecuflash.
Someone with not much tuning knowledge.....flash, afc and a wideband should be perfect. Anyone else agree?

Besides its the old school supra way eveything ive done to a supra, ive done to my evo. It seems to be working.
Old Mar 1, 2007, 04:47 PM

the great thing about the safc-2 is that its cheap and u can run 2 maps. I use one map for 93 octane gas and another for 110 i'm not sure if a flash can have 2 maps that switch back and forth. For basic tuning the safc-2 is the way to go, or the neo if you want a color screen, but unless you have enough money for an AEM or an Autronic unit i would say to give the safc a try. Get a wideband too that way you will know what to do with your safc.
Old Mar 3, 2007, 08:07 AM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by ctninea
the great thing about the safc-2 is that its cheap and u can run 2 maps. I use one map for 93 octane gas and another for 110 i'm not sure if a flash can have 2 maps that switch back and forth. For basic tuning the safc-2 is the way to go, or the neo if you want a color screen, but unless you have enough money for an AEM or an Autronic unit i would say to give the safc a try. Get a wideband too that way you will know what to do with your safc.
Oh no $hit. You can have 2 maps on the afc-2? i got the old one. works fine. I just flashed my ecu. and fine tuned it with the AFC by doing a pull in 3rd or 4th and having a friend watch the a/f.

Thats funny though the afc-2 can save 2 maps....i have a pad of paper and a pen in my glove box...thats my second map lol.
Old Mar 4, 2007, 10:52 AM

so you dont mess with your stock regular harness, get the harness from MACHV that allows you to wire into those, instead of the stock harness.
Old Mar 7, 2007, 08:53 PM

Hey i got one like new black edition for sell with the harness only 300.00 shippe
great to play with used for 1 month and ugraded to Utec noe Utec also for sell 450.00 shippe witch one you want

Quick Reply: SAFC II question before purchase...