Notices
General Engine Management / Tuning Forum Discuss general EMS tuning concepts that do not pertain to a specfic brand or product.

install ecu+/lc-1/ logworks

Search this Thread

Old Feb 18, 2007, 07:59 AM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
install ecu+/lc-1/ logworks

no issue here, as per instructions, my question is,
should I connect the lc-1 to the ecu+ harness or do I need to keep it separate if I want to use Logworks? iow, do I install the lc-1 independent of the ecu+, (2,) tap a lead to connect the ecu+ in addition to the regular independent lc-1 install, (3,)do a ecu+ lc-1 install only

what it comes down to is this, I've heard VERY GOOD things about ECU+ logger and very good things about the logworks logger.
can they be wired simultaneously to the lc-1?
Old Feb 18, 2007, 08:21 AM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
well, upon further review, it looks like the lc-1 has outputs for the ecu+ alongside the normal lc-1 install.
Old Feb 18, 2007, 09:03 AM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
The LC-1 has two analog outputs and a serial output. LogWorks uses the serial output. The two analog outputs are independantly programmable. All three work concurrently.

Typically, something like the ECU+ would expect an analog output, programmed to a specific AFR range, to be attached. This typically leaves the serial connection free for LogWorks.

-jjf
Old Feb 18, 2007, 11:24 AM
EvoM Guru

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts
Yep, basically you have to look at what wideband the ECU+ uses, as each has a slightly different curve for the voltage from 0-5v

I calibrated the analog output of my TurboXS Tuner Pro to mirror the PLX Devices wideband analog output and it works perfectly.

I think the LM-1 and LC-1 are both calibrated similarly on their analog outputs?? If they are I think the LM1 would be the closest match.

The ECU+ keeps getting better and better.. He isn't posting in this forum much anymore so create an ID On www.ecuplus.com if you want to keep tabs on it.
Old Feb 18, 2007, 04:19 PM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by MalibuJack
Yep, basically you have to look at what wideband the ECU+ uses, as each has a slightly different curve for the voltage from 0-5v

I calibrated the analog output of my TurboXS Tuner Pro to mirror the PLX Devices wideband analog output and it works perfectly.

I think the LM-1 and LC-1 are both calibrated similarly on their analog outputs?? If they are I think the LM1 would be the closest match.

The ECU+ keeps getting better and better.. He isn't posting in this forum much anymore so create an ID On www.ecuplus.com if you want to keep tabs on it.
The defaults are basically the same - however, on both units, the analog outputs are completely programmable. You can set the end points and curves to whatever you want. If there is a unit that the ECU expects, just program the analog outputs to match it.

-jjf
Old Feb 19, 2007, 08:58 AM
EvoM Guru

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts
The individually programmable outputs are one of the things I really like about the Innovate.. Since I have a PLX wideband gage already in the car, I could calibrate one of the outputs to match it and be happy until I could afford the specific gages for the Innovate products.