Notices
General Engine Management / Tuning Forum Discuss general EMS tuning concepts that do not pertain to a specfic brand or product.

Missfire Issues

Search this Thread

Old Jul 14, 2010, 05:29 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
my problem seems to be overbosst.
Old Sep 28, 2010, 07:33 AM

Not to bring this thread back but it seems to me that evos are not that great . i have had the check engine light on for a year . The problem started when the hose that connects to the turbo near the fan got a big hole. I replaced the hose . Then i got a p0300 code multiple missfire i changed the spark plugs to see if it work . Well it did not. Then i changed the gas cap and it seemed to work . I can feel the car pull hard like it did when i purchased it but that did not last more then 3 days. The check engine like came back on.I can feel and hear the car missfire .The idel is rough of course. Took it to the dealership and they told me a had to replace a gasket between the down pipe and exhaust. That did not work either. Visually checked the plug wires and coil packs. They look ok. I will be testing the wires on Friday to see if the ohm are to spec. Dose any one know what the number should be on stock wires. My evo is completely stock . Am really regretting trading my STi for this car.
Old Sep 30, 2010, 09:02 PM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
^ try getting a grounding kit.
Old Oct 27, 2010, 03:42 PM

Angry

FML i just got the code! changed the spark pugs as well.
Old Oct 28, 2010, 12:51 PM

Cool d

idk how much of a help i can be but ill tell you one of my experiences. after a long day of school on friday, i was going home for the weekend. And i took off slowly...and then there was a GUNSHOT -boom- from my car. I IMMEDIATELY stopped and popped my hood. I looked for disconnected hoses, couplers, etc...after a couple of minutes, i saw one of my wires just corroded to hell. It was my Intake Man. ground. Then i hooked up the OBD2 and got Multiple cylinder misfire code, high voltage, and some other stuff. So idk if its one of yours grounds or a corroded hose around your fuel line or something. I would do a very good visual inspection around your motor bro... Good luck
Old Nov 22, 2010, 05:09 PM

Originally Posted by tbryant0226
idk how much of a help i can be but ill tell you one of my experiences. after a long day of school on friday, i was going home for the weekend. And i took off slowly...and then there was a GUNSHOT -boom- from my car. I IMMEDIATELY stopped and popped my hood. I looked for disconnected hoses, couplers, etc...after a couple of minutes, i saw one of my wires just corroded to hell. It was my Intake Man. ground. Then i hooked up the OBD2 and got Multiple cylinder misfire code, high voltage, and some other stuff. So idk if its one of yours grounds or a corroded hose around your fuel line or something. I would do a very good visual inspection around your motor bro... Good luck
thanks brotha. i'll keep an eye on that. i've been away from my car since i'm installing a new clutch.