Notices
General Engine Management / Tuning Forum Discuss general EMS tuning concepts that do not pertain to a specfic brand or product.

USB to serial that work with the lc1

Search this Thread

Old Apr 11, 2007 | 08:34 AM
Evolved Member

USB to serial that work with the lc1

What usb to serial is evereybody using with the innovate lc1? I just got a Belkin converter and I am wondering if this works? It comes with a CD so I am guessing there is a driver with it so it should work right

Last edited by kreionic; Apr 11, 2007 at 08:59 AM.
Old Apr 11, 2007 | 08:39 AM
Evolved Member

http://www.radioshack.com/sm-6-ft-us...i-2036258.html

Here is one I used to use when others didn't work (On my SRT-4, though)

My current lappy has a Serial port already.
Old Apr 12, 2007 | 06:50 AM
Account Disabled

I picked up one at best buy, they only carried one model and it was ~ 35 bucks. With windows vista it has a nasty problem of being re-detected on boot up or resume from suspend mode and finding another port which causes me to have to change the port in evoscan. Also it'll find it and install a generic microsoft mouse which ties up that com port until I disable it. After a reboot or resume windows will enable it again, totally ignoring my settings. What a pain in the *** but I can deal with it if it means I can get a log with wb02 info.
Old Apr 22, 2007 | 02:06 PM
Evolved Member

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00...417563-6718205

That worked for both Autronic and my LC-1 and XD-16.

I don't think I had to install any drivers... and I use two of them at times, and if you remember which usb port to plug into then the com ports seem to be setup consistently. They work great!

Also when you plug them in they are detected and the com port is setup and working in like just a few seconds it seems.
Old Apr 22, 2007 | 02:18 PM
Evolved Member

I got the belkin and it works perfact. I talked to innovate and they said the only one to stay away from is the radioshack one
Old Apr 22, 2007 | 09:56 PM

Just in case anyone is else is looking for this information, the Keyspan USB<->Serial adapters work well under Windows, Mac OS X, and Linux. I've tested them with the LC-1 without problems.
Old Apr 30, 2007 | 06:31 AM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by Mellon
I picked up one at best buy, they only carried one model and it was ~ 35 bucks. With windows vista it has a nasty problem of being re-detected on boot up or resume from suspend mode and finding another port which causes me to have to change the port in evoscan. Also it'll find it and install a generic microsoft mouse which ties up that com port until I disable it. After a reboot or resume windows will enable it again, totally ignoring my settings. What a pain in the *** but I can deal with it if it means I can get a log with wb02 info.
I picked the same one up this weekend and its working fine. I'll have to play with it more, but it also had the same com port as long as I plugged it into the same USB port.
Old May 7, 2007 | 06:56 PM
Account Disabled

Originally Posted by BoostEEd
I picked the same one up this weekend and its working fine. I'll have to play with it more, but it also had the same com port as long as I plugged it into the same USB port.

yep, I was just about to say the same thing.