Notices
General Engine Management / Tuning Forum Discuss general EMS tuning concepts that do not pertain to a specfic brand or product.

Can't decide on which tuning method

Search this Thread

Old Apr 18, 2007, 10:04 AM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Can't decide on which tuning method

Ok guys i'm at the point where i need to ask, becasue I personally cannot decide from just reading posts and going back and forth debating on which method is gonna be better suited for my needs. So here goes...I bought a utec and mapselector switch off a good friend of mine who was selling his evo. He never got around to installing it and all he was gonna use it for was a race gas map on his turbotrix flashed car. Now my questions are, can the same power and smooth powerband be achived with the utec as with a flash? I rode in his car on many occasions and with a tbe, fmic, 272's, fuel pump and a turbo trix flash the car pulled so nice, and it was smooth. Also my main theing is mods from what i have read utec is nice for those who add mods slowly and like to retune as flashs are better to do the mods and go get it flashed and leave it at that. So any help and insight would be greatly appreciated, and like i said im looking for which one is gonna give me the best power and smoothest powerband.

thanks
chris
Old Apr 18, 2007, 10:21 AM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Yes, the utec lets you flash your stock ecu as it is a piggy back, and i'm looking to probably get one soon, as I need race, pump, and meth maps, and the utec lets you switch your maps on the go, which is a great feature. But yes, you can tune the ecu with the utec just as well as a flash, and maybe even better!