Notices
General Engine Management / Tuning Forum Discuss general EMS tuning concepts that do not pertain to a specfic brand or product.

need help searching about tunes

Search this Thread

Old Apr 24, 2007, 12:50 PM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
need help searching about tunes

i dono ive been searching like CRAZY to find a thread about the basics of tuning.... ive been trying to learn about it for a while but i cant find ANY threads on it..... all the threads ive found are people discussing tunes and speaking jibberish.... can anyone show me a thread that is about the basics of tuning, and what is looked for during a tune and how a car is tuned for more power and what not.... im not even really a newbie to the whole tuning world, ive been around it A LOT and im constantly listening, still just jibberish to me cause i have yet to mess around with my own car and i dont want to until i know some basics haha

ive searched like crazy on a few forums... im talking like the wholllleeee time ive been on forums, is there even a thread about the basics?????

thanks,
jeff
Old Apr 24, 2007, 12:55 PM
Evolved Member

contact 4 wheel slide, he will explain things in form that you actually understand. If not also all the tuners have their own site that just tells you what their tuning will change, but it seems that you want to know a bit more.
Old Apr 24, 2007, 01:04 PM
Evolved Member

alright cool....yea i wanna know a lot about it. Not sure why i just cant seem to pick it up because once i start listening , they start saying stuff that just completly goes RIGHT over my head...
Old Apr 24, 2007, 06:52 PM
Evolving Member

I spoke with 4 wheel slide today...Really good guy. Once I get my car to a point where tuning will make a difference...I'm having him set me up.
Old Apr 24, 2007, 08:02 PM
Evolving Member

Read some books! I read Street Turbocharging by Mark Warner which explained a lot about engines and turbo systems in general... and also touched on the basics of tuning. I am going to read How to Tune and Modify Engine Management Systems by Jeff Hartman next.

After reading reviews on Amazon on a few books on these subjects, I picked these two to start with. I think it is better for me to read books since they are organized a lot better than a bunch of posts on a message board. You will probably be reading some stuff that you already know and you will also read stuff that is more complex than you even care to read or understand.

Here are links to the too books... I know that Barnes and Noble stocks both of these here so if you have one nearby you could check there.

http://www.amazon.com/Street-Turboch...7470319&sr=1-1

http://www.amazon.com/Modify-Managem...7470124&sr=1-3