Notices
General Engine Management / Tuning Forum Discuss general EMS tuning concepts that do not pertain to a specfic brand or product.

Which Reflash to get?

Search this Thread

Old Aug 7, 2007, 12:46 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I've had experience with Jestr and will not go back... I'm sure he gives good service to the "old faithful" customers, but I didn't recieve the same and I had far too much knock after his "tune limit"

I also bought a IX with a Dynoflash tune... The knock was INSANE... Now I didnt order the Dynoflash tune so the original customer may or may not have asked for the boost cut to be removed and for the knock sensors to be TOTALLY DISABLED.... Whatever

But now I trust MELLON, and WILL NOT go back, you can ask the guy anything, and he has no "tune limit" so long as you don't switch hardware mid-tune.

He puts his name on the line, and I have not seen ONE complaint to date
Old Aug 7, 2007, 12:55 PM
Account Disabled

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Dynoflash is a competing tuner however, I will say that I do not believe that he had "disabled" knock control on your car.
Old Aug 7, 2007, 01:36 PM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I've had several vendor's flashes on my car - with decent results - but not knock free. I tune my own car now and make more power with no knock than any prior vendor's maps. That I dont have to wonder if it's tuned safely.

If I had to get my car tuned again by a 3rd party I would probably contact TTP or Mellon as both are active in the ECU Flash forum and from what I can tell they have a sound tuning strategy. TTP has good customer service ( purchased parts from them in the past ).
Old Aug 7, 2007, 10:42 PM
Evolving Member

mellon
Old Aug 8, 2007, 12:59 AM
Account Disabled

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by Mr. Evo IX
I've had several vendor's flashes on my car - with decent results - but not knock free. I tune my own car now and make more power with no knock than any prior vendor's maps. That I dont have to wonder if it's tuned safely.

If I had to get my car tuned again by a 3rd party I would probably contact TTP or Mellon as both are active in the ECU Flash forum and from what I can tell they have a sound tuning strategy. TTP has good customer service ( purchased parts from them in the past ).
Thank you for your positive endorsement Mr. Evo IX.
Old Aug 8, 2007, 09:24 AM

Thumbs up

Go with Works , they are good