Notices
General Engine Management / Tuning Forum Discuss general EMS tuning concepts that do not pertain to a specfic brand or product.

Software & EVO 9 Board

Search this Thread

Old May 5, 2007, 11:02 PM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Software & EVO 9 Board

Those of you w/ the EVO IX Autronic PnP board.. Could you shoot me an email w/ the current version of software you're using? The current offering on Autronic's website say's it's not supporting the EVO IX board due to firmware mismatches.

justdsm@hotmail . com
Old May 6, 2007, 05:11 PM

Originally Posted by JustDSM
Those of you w/ the EVO IX Autronic PnP board.. Could you shoot me an email w/ the current version of software you're using? The current offering on Autronic's website say's it's not supporting the EVO IX board due to firmware mismatches.

justdsm@hotmail . com
Ray sent you it eh?

TT
Old May 6, 2007, 05:34 PM
Evolved Member

Yes. He's sent me the updated software. If anyone else needs it let me know.
Old May 7, 2007, 06:14 AM
Evolved Member

could you send to me pls?

i will pm you my email!!
Thanks
Old May 26, 2007, 09:09 AM

so, does anyone know the exact differences between the Autronic replaceable board, vs say using the AEM ems? What about pricing? I did some searching, but can't seem to find anything on the Autronic ... I have an EVO IX .... interested in something that is plug and play ...
Old May 27, 2007, 12:32 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by kenneth2000
so, does anyone know the exact differences between the Autronic replaceable board, vs say using the AEM ems? What about pricing? I did some searching, but can't seem to find anything on the Autronic ... I have an EVO IX .... interested in something that is plug and play ...
Have a look at the tuning software for each; it will give you an idea of the paradigm difference between the two. The AEM follows the typical injector pulse-width control strategy, where the tuner manages how much fuel is injected based on entering time values into a map. The Autronic on the other hand uses a complex engine model to decide how much fuel to inject; the tuner then corrects this model.

From my experience the Autronic's way of doing things gets you to a properly running car faster than other ECUs. Most tuners don't really get how to use it properly. In the end you should probably buy an ECU that you can actually get tuned successfully.
Old Jun 4, 2007, 01:55 PM
Evolving Member

Thumbs up

Originally Posted by alex4nder
Have a look at the tuning software for each; it will give you an idea of the paradigm difference between the two. The AEM follows the typical injector pulse-width control strategy, where the tuner manages how much fuel is injected based on entering time values into a map. The Autronic on the other hand uses a complex engine model to decide how much fuel to inject; the tuner then corrects this model.

From my experience the Autronic's way of doing things gets you to a properly running car faster than other ECUs. Most tuners don't really get how to use it properly. In the end you should probably buy an ECU that you can actually get tuned successfully.
It is embarrassingly easy to map once you enter your injector for cylinder size and comp ratio then set your AFR you want in the target table then the thing has almost mapped itself

Mark