Notices
General Engine Management / Tuning Forum Discuss general EMS tuning concepts that do not pertain to a specfic brand or product.

Zeitronix boost sensor not showing vaccum?

Search this Thread

Old Jun 1, 2007, 09:11 PM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Zeitronix boost sensor not showing vaccum?

My friend recently turbocharged his Lotus Elise and his shop installed a Zeitronix. Everything seems to be ok, except he says:

"My autometer reads negative indicating vaccum but I have never seen my Zeitronix reading negative anything. Infact, I used to see it fluctuating (at least I thought) in the very low numbers i.e. 0.01-0.03 PSI area while sitting at a traffic light. "

Can anybody shed any light as to why his mechanical Autometer gauge shows vaccum, but the Zeitronix does not show vaccum?
Old Jun 1, 2007, 10:31 PM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by skiracer
My friend recently turbocharged his Lotus Elise and his shop installed a Zeitronix. Everything seems to be ok, except he says:

"My autometer reads negative indicating vaccum but I have never seen my Zeitronix reading negative anything. Infact, I used to see it fluctuating (at least I thought) in the very low numbers i.e. 0.01-0.03 PSI area while sitting at a traffic light. "

Can anybody shed any light as to why his mechanical Autometer gauge shows vaccum, but the Zeitronix does not show vaccum?
Sounds to me like he has the sensor sourced into the wrong hose. It needs to be T-ed into a hose that goes directly to the intake manifold.